KeyBank has a new checking account promotion in which you can receive up to $225 when you:
- Open a qualifying checking account and enroll in KeyBank Rewards by November 20, 2009
- Make one debit card transaction and a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more by January 22, 2010
Here's an important detail listed in the promotion's FAQs:
- This offer is not available in all states. Individuals and businesses will only be eligible in areas where KeyBank has branches. Key has branches in the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, social security, pension and government benefits.
- Automated payments exclude Key Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal transactions and account to account balance transfers.
- Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months.
- The value of the gift card will be reported on Form 1099-INT.
- If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee.
According to the customer service rep, they don't do a hard credit inquiry. They only use ChexSystem in the application approval process. This is based on my conversation with the CSR last year.
KeyBank has been a FDIC member since 1956.
Credit to iBankDesign for this find.
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.