$150 Checking Account Bonus at First Tennessee Bank - Local Only
First Tennessee Bank is offering a checking account promotion in which you can earn up to $150. Details of the promotion are described at firsttennessee.com/150. The promotion is scheduled to end on 12/31/2009. To receive $100 requires that you open a new checking account at a branch and present a copy of this promo or open online. Some of the important small print includes:
- Minimum opening deposit to receive bonus is $300.
- If you meet the stated requirements of this promotional offer, the bonus will be credited to your account within 6 weeks and will be reported as income on Form 1099-INT.
- Limit one $100 bonus per household.
- New checking households only.
- Customer agrees to maintain account in good standing for a minimum of six months.
The next $50 bonus is for new or existing customers who have not used Bill Pay Online. You'll get $50 for paying six bills with it by the end of the 2009. Some of the important small print includes:
- $50 Bonus is for new or existing customers who have never used First Tennessee Bill Pay Online or who have not used Bill Pay Online with any First Tennessee account since August 1, 2009.
- Customer must pay a minimum of six bills using First Tennessee Bill Pay Online between November 1, 2009, and December 31, 2009, to be eligible for bonus.
- Bills are considered paid as of the actual payment date, which is the date funds are withdrawn and sent to the payee.
- Customers receiving this offer who meet the requirements will receive a direct deposit of $50 into account from which bills were paid on or before January 31, 2010.
- No partial bonus amounts will be awarded.
- Limit one bill pay bonus per household.
Any checking account qualifies including the Free Checking Account which has no monthly service charges and the Bill Pay Online is free.
It appears that you must be in First Tennessee's market area to be eligible for this offer. The online application requires that you enter your zip code, and it won't let you apply for a First Tennessee checking account if the zip code is outside their area.
Branches are located mostly in Tennessee, but there are also branches in Georgia, Virginia, Arkansas and Mississippi. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 4977).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this promotion in the Bank Deals hub page.
Other Bank Bonus Deals: