NewAlliance Bank is offering a up to $150 for opening a personal checking account and completing certain online banking activities. The promotion is listed at the bank's promotion page as of 4/18/2010. Here are the details:
- Earn $25 for completing 10 signature debit card transactions
- Earn $25 for setting up and receiving $500 in direct deposits
- Earn $25 for enrolling in Bill Pay
- Do all three by July 31, 2010 and the bank wil double the payout to $150
Some important small print:
- You must open a new personal Free Checking account by 06/30/10 with a minimum of $50
- The bonuses will be credited to your NewAlliance personal checking account by 09/15/10
- This is a limited time offer that can be withdrawn at any time
- It has a maximum bonus of $150 per household
Existing customers can also qualify, but there are certain restrictions. Refer to the bank's small print for the full details.
It appears that a branch visit is required for this promotion. Branches are located throughout Connecticut, and in South Central Massachusetts.
The bank is also offering a good deal on a long-term CD (see review).
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial (based on 12/31/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 9/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1960 (FDIC Certificate # 18261). It's a sizable bank with $8.4 billion in assets.
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals at other banks, please refer to my bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus posts.