The Bryn Mawr Trust Company is having another checking account promotion with a free Apple 32GB iPod Touch. It's very similar to the one they had last year. However, they have tougher direct deposit requirements. This promotion doesn't seem to be listed at the bank's website. It was mentioned in this SlickDeals thread. I called the bank at 610-525-1700 and confirmed the special. Some details include:
- Offer valid until October 15, 2010
- $500 minimum balance must be maintained in the checking account
- $500 minimum direct deposit for 1 year must be maintained
- Must maintain e-statements
- Direct deposits of payroll or government checks only
- Two direct deposits must be received by the bank by November 30, 2010
- Bank reserves the right to debit the value of the iPod Touch ($299) if requirements are not met
- Available at all of their branches
- Branch visit is required
Amazon is currently listing this 4th generation Apple iPod touch 32 GB at $288 and the 3rd generation at $234. I didn't ask which one they would provide.
The Bryn Mawr Trust Company has branches in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
The bank's overall health score is 3 out of 5 with a Texas Ratio of 10.01% (excellent) based on 6/30/10 data. Please refer to our financial overview of The Bryn Mawr Trust Company for more details. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 11866).
Thanks to the reader Hershie who commented on this new promotion in last year's post.
Other Bank Bonuses
To find other bonus deals at other banks, please refer to the bank bonus page which has all of my recent bank bonus blog posts. There are also additional bonuses listed in the checking account deals forum.