Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Starting Up A Joint Checking Account

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 5:39 PMCommunityOne Bank
Today my husband and I went to start up a new checking account and I was unable to begin one because of my Notice of Adverse Action Document through Chex Systems Inc. stated the key factors that had adversly effected my credit score. I have never began to build my credit so I have no credit but it listed: DE Non-Derogatory Public Record History and I had no idea what that was nither did the banker. I found that derogatory public record meant that an account had history of late payments and was closed by the creditor and sold to the collection agency but I have never had a checking account until my husband and I got married four years ago. I really need help if anyone has any info. please let me know!
yow09yow091 posts since
Jan 28, 2013
Rep Points: 2
1. Monday, January 28, 2013 - 5:55 PM
My question would be if you were ever paying on something (married or not) that you failed to keep paid up thus forcing the creditor to go to an outside agency for collection. This could be what the comment is there for.
klinkklink98 posts since
Dec 8, 2012
Rep Points: 265
2. Monday, January 28, 2013 - 8:14 PM
Yow09, there were a lot of deadend searches at first, but this thread at Creditboards.com might help you. 

Get a copy of your Chex report.  Chex has an obligation, upon request, to identify the public records [which represented the non-derogatory information] so that you can review them.

Good luck to you~
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,430 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,246