Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Questions/Other

Precise ID Security Money Wire Problem.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 2:01 PMMountain America Credit Union - Details
Had an interesting problem with a wire transfer today. MACU uses Precise ID by Experion for security purposes. They ask a series of questions. I was sure I got all of them correct but was told 2 answers were incorrect. One wrong answer was what was my Zodiac sign. The other was what city did you previously live in.  I lived in a neighboring city 5 years ago.  Wrong! CSR could not explain why.  Now contacting Experion.
KennewickmanKennewickman2 posts since
Sep 11, 2013
Rep Points: 10
1. Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 3:23 PM
Experion has my sisters address as a past address for me. We both were married and had different last names. I think because I used her address for a refund or rebate or had a Christmas present delivered to her address because she was always home and this may have been why. 
AllyAlly783 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,279
2. Tuesday, February 25, 2014 - 3:24 PM
That's ridiculous. I had to go through the same series of questions to wire money last month. I actually thought I had failed but somehow passed. I was asked what county I lived in 25 years ago. I knew the city but wasn't sure of the county. Let us know what happens with Experion.
loulou521 posts since
Aug 3, 2010
Rep Points: 3,239
3. Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:20 AM
I had that when I signed up for a bank account a  few years ago. There were some very obscure queeistons. They asked me for a previous phone number. I haven't changed my phone number in 30 years!! They were asking for a phone number from 30 years ago! 

Frankly, I was shocked to learn that someone is even keeping info on my whereabouts and phone number of 30 years ago. I find it scary that a credit agency is keeping info on me for so long. Frankly, I think that should be illegal. I don't even know where the credit agency got the info from. Next thing you know, they will ask about that black mark on my high school "permanent record," which I always presumed was a joke. 
me1004me1004345 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,363
4. Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 4:25 PM
I recently asked the 3 main credit union companies to send me a copy of my credit report due to a concern I had.  I had never really read my reports because our scores had always been very high.  The problems on my reports were not from outsiders but from those working for the agencies!  We always pay our one credit card off fully each month no matter what the amount is and we have it on "Autopay" from our checking account.  All three reports showed we were only paying partial payments each month and February's payment which is still not due until the end of the month showed it was already paid but just partially.  I spoke to all 3 of the agencies and they said I should dispute this and get it corrected.  I told them if it did not affect our credit score or credit, I did not want to incur extra work from having to dispute "their" errors.  One would think their people would be trained to get the correct information for our reports but they seem to slap numbers on our files without checking them.  I found what they were doing on ours.  They were taking the prior month's payment and putting it in the column for the next month etc. etc. Thus making it look like nothing was ever paid in full each month.

Frankly, I am very disappointed that agencies which can decide whether people can get credit or not, can be so careless with what they plop down on our reports. 
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,104