Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

TCF $100 Promotion - Direct Deposit NOT Required

Thursday, February 3, 2011 - 7:39 PMTCF National Bank - Details
TCF Bank - $100 Free Cash

Through March 31, TCF is offering a $100 checking account bonus when you open your account online and complete 10 qualifying transactions (online billpayments, paid ACH payments, check card purchases and checks paid) within 60 days.  The fine print states that the $100 bonus will be paid within three days of the final qualifying transaction posting.  

TCF ended free checking last year, but recently amended its requirements to waive the monthly service fee; you can now avoid it if you deposit $500 each statement cycle, make 10 qualifying withdrawals or maintain $2,500 in combined balances.

TCF is one of the few banks that will allow you to open a checking account, regardless of your credit or Chexsystem history (ironically, if you overdraw your account and don't bring it current quickly, TCF will report you to Chexsystem faster than nearly any other bank).  For that reason alone I wish I would've kept my TCF account, as those referral fees would've added up quickly over the years...
SouthwesternSouthwestern23 posts since
Jan 25, 2011
Rep Points: 98
1. Friday, February 4, 2011 - 1:27 AM
OP - do you know if this bank charge fees for early account closure, such as less than 6 mo?  thanks.
ninissniniss60 posts since
Sep 22, 2010
Rep Points: 154
2. Friday, February 4, 2011 - 5:48 PM
TCF's Account Disclosures & Agreement do not list an early account closure fee:

TCF Bank - Disclosures and Agreements
SouthwesternSouthwestern23 posts since
Jan 25, 2011
Rep Points: 98