Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Bank and Credit Union Reviews

Concealment Of Current APY's On Huntington Bank Online

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 10:14 AMHuntington National Bank
Concealment of current APY's on Huntington Bank online:

I have a Premier Money Market Plus account with Huntington Bank, opened in September. At the time the rate was 2.00%.  I live a short distance from a branch, but use their online services a lot.  

Of course, their rate has fallen since I opened the account.   The 2.00% rate lasted about a week.  Now it is down to 1.40%

The most interesting thing about this, is that it is now impossible for me to go to my account details page  online and find out what the interest rate actually in effect at the moment currently is.  

If you use the Huntington dot com web page, you can drill down through about 6 pages, answer a question about your ZIP code, and find the rate Huntington pays on new Premier accounts.  However, it is impossible for me to find the rate effective on the account I already have.  That information has been removed from my personal account page.  

I sent a secure email about this through the account details page & got the following answer "We apologize for the frustration. We would be happy to provide you with your current interest rate as requested. Your Premier Plus Money Market account is currently earning 1.390% with an Annual Percentage Yield of 1.400%. We hope this information helps. "  New accounts have an APY of 1.35% at the moment, for accountholders in my area.

treshotresho2 posts since
Feb 24, 2010
Rep Points: 9