Our Technology & Banking Data Warehouse
In a space where manual processes abounded and stale and incomplete banking data sets were the result, we at DepositAccounts set out to take a different approach to gathering banking data. We have spent more than half of a decade building and refining a data collection system that leverages modern technologies to produce the most comprehensive and up-to-date depository banking data set on the Web.
Our Patented Technology
DepositAccounts' proprietary technology is the driver behind our collection system’s unique combination of scale and accuracy. In 2015, the United States Patent Office recognized our novel technology and approach to gathering bank data via an issued patent.
Our Proprietary Banking Data Set
Rather than describe our data set simply with text, we thought we would give you a bit of a visual tour, instead. Take a look below at some of the details around what we track and some of the more interesting data points to arise from our data set.
What We Track…
Unique Bank and Credit
Union Deposit Products
Bank and Credit
Up to 97 unique attributes for
each bank/credit union
- Membership Requirements
- Branch Locations / Online Availability
- Financial Health Information
- Account Requirements
- Min/max Balances
- Allows Beneficiaries?
- Debit Card Available?
- Max Number of Checks per Month
- Paper Statements Available?
- Permitted Monthly Withdrawals
- Monthly Service Charge (Nat Avg: $12.24)
- Overdraft (Courtesy Pay) Fee (Nat Avg: $30.84)
- OD Protection Transfer Fee (Nat Avg: $5.96)
- Third Party ATM Fee (Nat Avg: $1.70)
- Insufficient Funds Fee (Nat Avg: $30.98)
- 5yr Early Withdrawal Penalty (Nat Avg: 253.3 days)
- Inbound Wire Transfer Fee (Nat Avg: $13.34)
- Outbound Wire Transfer Fee (Nat Avg: $22.27)
- Min Balance to Avoid Fee (Nat Avg: $3,161)
- ... and 78 more
In the past 24 hours
Fee & Feature Changes
Web Pages Reviewed
Data Points of Interest
Savings Rate Averages Vs. Top 4 Megabanks Average
Average Savings APY: Bank Type
5-Year CD Rate: Bank vs CU
Percent higher that the average credit union 5-year CD rate is vs. average bank 5-year CD rate.
CD Early Withdrawal Penalties:
Best 5% vs. Worst 5% (in # of days of interest)
Bank vs. Credit Unions – Fee Averages Disparity
39%Lower Fee Averages
Top 10th Percentile Average Checking Rates:
Reward vs Standard Checking
A Tale of Two Depositors:
Interest from $100K Deposit Held for 5 Years
More Data Information and Resources