UPDATE 4/17/2017: Offer extended through June 30, 2017.
$500 Bonus Requirements
- Open a new eligible consumer checking account in The Citibank Priority Account Package* by
April 14June 30, 2017.
4530 days of account opening, deposit at least $50k of new money into the new checking account, or a new or existing Citibank Savings or Savings Plus Account.
- Maintain a minimum balance of $50k for 60 consecutive days following date of qualifying deposit, AND
- Have one qualifying Direct Deposit per month for two consecutive months, within 30 days of account opening.
- Enroll the new checking account in Paperless Statements with 30 days of account opening.
- Cash bonus will be credited to new checking account within 90 days of the above requirements being met.
*Citi Priority gives you a wide range of benefits designed to help you manage your financial life. Benefits such as preferred rates and waived fees on select deposit products and services provide savings, while integrated service and support provide flexible options.
- Must not currently have a consumer checking account with Citibank or have been a signer on or an owner of a Citibank consumer checking account within the last 60 days.
- May have an existing Citibank Savings or Savings Plus Account, but must meet the new-to-Checking requirement.
- Cannot be combined with any other checking offer, but if you meet the terms of two or more checking offer within the same calendar month, you will receive the offer with the higher bonus value.
- Limit of one offer per customer per account.
- With the exception of the first two months following account opening, a $30 monthly statement fee applies, “if you do not maintain the required $50,0000 in combined average monthly balances in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts.”
Thanks to the DA reader who alerted me to this Citibank bonus.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Citibank offer its services and product nationwide.
Applying for the $500 Citi Priority Checking Account bonus can be done online, by phone (866.583.6712), or in person at any of 1,050 branches located in California (314), Connecticut (13), District of Columbia (16), Delaware (1), Florida (54), Illinois (61), Maryland (11), Nevada (9), New Jersey (9), New York (238), Puerto Rico (2), South Dakota (1), Texas (56), and Virginia (7).
Citibank has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 4.53% (excellent) based on December 31, 2016 data. In the past year, Citibank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $19.16 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 2.21%. Please refer to our financial overview of Citibank (FDIC Certificate # 7211) for more details.
Established in 1812 as The National City Bank of New York, Citibank is one of the world’s largest financial institutions with more than $1.3 trillion in assets. Citibank is a subsidiary of CitiGroup, which was formed when banking giant Citicorp and financial conglomerate Travelers Group merged in 1998. The Bank was rebranded as Citibank in 1976 and relocated its headquarters to South Dakota in 2001.
How the Citibank $500 Bonus Compares
Assuming a 5-month timeline ($50k on deposit for 60 days + 90 days to receive the bonus), with the $30 monthly service fee waived,
- $50k for 150 days in a Citibank checking account = $500 bonus
- $50k for 150 days in a savings account earning 1% = $207 interest
Other Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Citibank’s $500 bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.
This post was first published by DepositAccounts.com on 1/9/2017.