Availability:Market area includes FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, TN, and WV. Eligibility is determined by Zip Code.
While very similar to earlier promotions, this version of the $200 checking bonus can be applied for online, in-branch, or by phone. (The most recent promotion, which ended earlier this month, was not available online.)
To Qualify for the $200 Bonus:
- Open a new Fifth Third checking account (excluding Basic Checking and Express Banking).
- Enroll in direct deposit within 90 days of account opening.
- Make three online payments within 90 days of account opening.
- Bonus must be referenced when opening the checking account in-person or by phone.
- Available only for new checking account customers, defined as those who have not closed a Fifth Third checking account in the past 12 months.
- Not available to new Fifth Third checking customers in St. Louis and western Pennsylvania.
- Checking account must be opened between January 19, 2016 and April 9, 2016, with a minimum $50 deposit.
- All requirements and qualifying activity must be met within 90 days of account opening to receive the $200 bonus.
- Bonus will be deposited in new checking account within six weeks of meeting requirements.
- There is a limit of one bonus offer per account per household, and cannot be combined with other bonuses.
- Each Fifth Third customer is limited to one new account-related gift incentive per calendar year.
- In the past, a checking account had to remain open for 9 months to avoid a late termination fee, but there is none listed with this promotion.
- There are monthly fees ($11 - $25) on these checking accounts, but they can be waived.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Fifth Third Bank is the 3rd largest bank in Ohio and is also the 15th largest bank in the nation. Established in 1865, Fifth Third Bank today holds assets in excess of $139 Billion.
Applying for the Fifth Third $200 checking account can be done online, by phone (877.579.5353), or in person at any of over 1,200 full-service branches, located in Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and West Virginia. The majority of branches are located in Ohio and Michigan.
Fifth Third Bank has an overall health grade of "A+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 3.66% (excellent) based on September 30, 2015 data. In the past year, Fifth Third Bank (FDIC Charter # 6672) has increased its total deposits by $4.46 Billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 4.43%. Please refer to our financial overview of Fifth Third Bank for more details.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for the Fifth Third Bank checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Deals Forum.