UPDATE 5/15/2016: Available now through June 30, 2016
Availability:Market area includes DC, DE, FL, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, and WV. Eligibility based on Zip Code.
Over the past several years, M&T Bank has been offering new checking account bonuses on a regular basis, and the latest promotion is a $150 cash bonus, which is available now through
March 31 June 30, 2016.
To Qualify for the $150 Bonus:
- Open a new M&T Bank checking account by
March 31June 30, 2106.
- Have one qualifying direct deposit of at least $100 within 90 days of account opening.
- Available only for new checking account customers.
- Bonus will be credited to the account within 90 days of direct deposit activation, but the account must be in good standing.
- There is an early termination fee of
$50$10 if the account is closed within 180 days of opening.
- There is a limit of one bonus offer per account per household, and cannot be combined with other bonuses.
- There are monthly fees on M&T Bank’s checking accounts, but they can be waived.
Headquartered in Buffalo, M&T Bank is the 27th largest bank in the nation, with branches located mainly in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. Established in 1856, M&T Bank currently holds assets in excess of $97 Billion.
Applying for the M&T Bank $150 new checking account bonus can be done online, or in person at any of 781 full-service branches, located in Delaware (38), Florida (1), Maryland (170), New Jersey (98), New York (267), Pennsylvania (170), Virginia (27), West Virginia (2), and the District of Columbia (8).
If applying in person, the Cash Back Coupon (delivered via email) must be presented at time of account opening.
M&T Bank (FDIC Charter # 588) has an overall health grade of "B+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 7.31% (excellent) based on September 30, 2015 data. M&T Bank has an excellent capitalization level of 13.30%, a result of holding $97.11 Billion in assets with $12.91 Billion in equity. Please refer to our financial overview of M&T Bank for more details.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for the M&T Bank checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Deals Forum.