Now through September 30, 2015, the Wisconsin-based North Shore Bank, FSB's (North Shore Bank) "Falling Into Free Money" promotion will reward new customers with $150 when opening a new checking account (eChecking, Better-Than-Free Checking, and Perks Checking) using the promo code "September 2015."
$150 Bonus Requirements
- Open a new North Shore Bank checking account by September 30, 2015.
- Use promo code "September 2015" when opening the account.
- Limit of one new checking bonus per household per year.
- New customers only.
- Account must be open and have a positive balance as of December 31, 2015 to receive the bonus.
- There is a $40 early account termination fee is the new account is closed within 180 days opening.
- Bonus will be credited within after January 5, 2016.
North Shore Bank has three different checking accounts: eChecking, Better-Than-Free, and Perks. One nice feature is that monthly fees ($4.95, eChecking and Better-Than-Free; $10, Perks) are waived for the first three months following account opening. The monthly fees beyond the initial three months can also be waived if certain requirements are met, for example:
- eChecking - debit card usage and eStatements or direct deposit (wages or social security) and eStatements
- Better-Than-Free - average balance of $750 or $2,500 in relationship balances or any loan or direct deposits or 10 debit card transactions.
- Perks - any loan, or $5,000 total deposits, or minimum daily checking balance of $1,000.
Complete details are available on the Personal Checking Accounts page.
Headquartered in Brookfield, Wisconsin, North Shore Bank’s market area includes the eastern Wisconsin counties of Brown, Dodge, Kenosha, Kewanee, Manitowoc, Milwaukee, Monroe, Oconto, Outagamie, Ozaukee, Racine, Shawano, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha, and Winnebago, and McHenry County, Illinois.
North Shore Bank, FSB has an overall health grade of "B+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 12.90% (above average), based on June 30, 2015 data. In the past year, North Shore Bank has increased its total deposits by $6 Million, an above average annual growth rate of 0.42%. Please refer to our financial overview of North Shore Bank, FSB for more details.
North Shore Bank, FSB (FDIC Certificate # 28679) was established in 1923 as The North Shore Building & Loan Association, by a group of local teachers in a backroom of a local hardware store. In 1983, the Bank began a 30-year expansion, which included the acquisition of seven banks in Wisconsin and Illinois and two name changes. Today, North Shore Bank has assets in excess of $1.7 Billion and a market area that covers Wisconsin’s Lake Michigan border.
How the Falling Into Free Money Bonus Compares
With relatively easy requirements to avoid monthly fees, this seems to be an easy $150.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for North Shore Bank’s checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.