Amegy Bank Reviews

Greedy Bank

Posted by: LJones | Jan 15, 2017

A check and my payroll hit on the same day and this greedy bank charged me an NSF fee. The credit and debit hit at the same time, but instead of recognizing the credit first, they chose to recognize the debit first and charged me $35.00, when the funds were in the account to cover the check. A bunch of thieves. Will be moving my account elsewhere as soon as possible.

AFTER 30 YEARS WITH THIS BANK, I'm A STRANGER???

I first opened an account with this bank (then called Klein Bank) in October 1988.

Now I walk in to cash or deposit a check and I am asked to show my ID.

Then in looking around there is almost NO ONE WHO I RECOGNIZE. The TURNOVER in Employees here must be HORRIFIC.

Apparently, the JERKS who now run Amegy Bank must be as Brutal to their Employees as they are to Customers.

NOW HEAR THIS: A RECKONING IS COMING TO ALL OF CORPORATE AMERICA, YOU WHO HAVE SCREWED EMPLOYEES AND CUSTOMERS ALIKE. I DAMNED SURE WANT MY SHARPENED KNIFE IN THAT FIGHT!!!!

Worst Customer Service, Fee Extortiion,, Attiude Poor

Posted by: briande | Jul 18, 2014

After banking here for over twenty years this bank customer service has gone down hill. The customer service is horrible. They are finding creative ways to extort fees, from clients for debits they authorize after opting out. Repeatedly opt out of debit overdraft, then they charge you for allowing charges to go through anyway, nothing but poor excuses, and don't care attitudes,, I run hundreds of thousands through my account and then when you call you get this attitude like "TOUGH" we really don't care. The right hand not only does not know what the left hand is doing but the right hand does not care about the left. DO NOT BANK HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND YOUR LIFE FRUSTRATED. The only reason I deal with the frustration all the time and the prevalent I don't care about you attitude is cause i have been there so darn long, This bank at one time was awesome,, but has lost all care for the small and medium clients. I am gald I have other bank repationships so I don't need to have this any more as my main source of banking,,, save your self the frustration and go somewhere else! Just FYI if you go over by a dollar you will not get a phone call and they will bounce your check so fast with no phone calls and after being there 20 years,,,but then they will let a debit clear after you opt out ,, that will send you further into overdraft, then charge you for the fee for the check ,, then again for the overdraft, then agin for the debit they allow to clear when there was not enough money in the account,, then again when they return the check that should have cleared if the debit was declined as it was supposed to be. you better be very wealthy to bank here cause the average Joe will go broke at this bank!

Discriminating Employees Who Should Be Fired!

Posted by: adou24 | Jul 10, 2013

I went into the Seagler and Westheimer location to cash a check for 10 grand. The tellers name was Terry and the manager assisting him was named Aileen. I was asked to wait a moment while the check was verified - I responded "no problem" after 20 minutes Terry returns and tells me that after speaking with someone the check is a "fake". I am a 27 year old business owner who has dealt with panic attacks in the past so I calmly took deep breaths and insisted they go through every possible avenue because I have too much to lose for a foolish attempt of that sort. 10 minutes later they came back and cashed the check but my issue began the moment they "jumped the gun" and approached me saying the check was fraudulent. Moral of this story is Never judge a book by it's cover. I will be cashing many more checks with Amegy and possibly would have considered opening an account but now that will NEVER happen. I hope the employees are reprimanded at minimum for ignorant, discriminatory and unprofessional behavior. I will now simply put them in one of my Bank Of America accounts. Avoid dealing with these guys. They aren't worth the hassle.

Do Not Trust This Bank!

Posted by: angryman | Oct 3, 2012

Just to let you know that I'm not a crack pot, I want you to know that I have been a small business owner for 17 years. I have borrowed and paid back close to two million dollars over that time. DO NOT TRUST THIS BANK!!!! I believe that they have an internal breech of security.

Amegy! How Low Will They Go?

Posted by: Fedup | Aug 14, 2012

Amegy is not as healthy as it says it is which goes to what kind of bank they are.  Awful!  Amegy and any other business that wants to fraudulently charge their customers come first.  When you ask them why certain policies are set up, they will lie.  If you ask them why your direct deposit isn't showing, they will blame it on whoever your company uses.  I went through 30 minutes of calling them and hearing it wasn't there, then calling employer flex who said, they have it they are just not giving you your money for a day.  I called back and all of the sudden they could see it but it was too late to show credit in my account.  Apparently, they test people before they hire them to make sure that they are not very bright, are pathological liars and do not have a conscience.  Whew...that is close to what a bank ceo is but their bulb shines a little brighter.  At any rate, they are thugs just like their fellow criminals, chase, wells fargo, bank of america, etc.  When your money is in their bank, it is not yours....it is theirs to do with whatever they want!  On top of that when they get you in a bind, they charge you for it.  They make Tony Soprano look like a good guy.  Hopefully, they will become extinct.

The said part is they bought the best bank I have ever dealt with which was Southwest.  The customer was top priority and they did quite well because of that.  Do not think they would have sold to Zion/Amegy if they knew that their mission is to prey on their customers.  These jerks got TARP money and act like we are the ones with our hand out.  Going to look for a Community Bank.