Community First Credit Union (FL) Reviews

Customer Service Sucks

Customer service sucks don't do business with these CROOKED CORRUPT DEMOCRAPS

0 Stars/ Beware

I want to share my experience with Community First and raise awareness about their discriminatory actions, false debt reporting, and collection tactics. Jason Borkovec, Director of Collections, Ryan Olson, Vice President of Consumer Lending, and other employees/executives have shown a complete disregard for consumer rights and the law. They have even claimed that I don't have rights they are bound to respect and insisted that any loan must be completely on their terms, without regard for consumer rights or legal protections.

This behavior directly violates US and Florida law, which explicitly prohibits corporations from having policies inconsistent with the law. As I am determined to make these facts known for justice, I filed a lawsuit citing constitutional violations and demanded a jury trial. However, they are now attempting to dismiss the case using attorney Michael Paul Orta.

Although they initially defaulted on the complaint, the judge allowed them to set aside the default judgment and suggested that I amend my complaint, which I promptly did, exercising my right to do so. Alongside their motion to set aside, they filed a motion to dismiss. While the motion acknowledged my claim in the first paragraph, it argued that it did not warrant relief. However, the subsequent paragraphs appeared hastily put together, containing irrelevant details and incorrect account information.

So I amended my complaint to provide further clarity. Yet, immediately after, Michael Paul Orta filed another motion to dismiss, claiming failure to state a claim. This is a strategy commonly employed by attorneys to swiftly dismiss a case without addressing its merits. Furthermore, Orta publicly labeled my case as frivolous and made insulting comments towards me via email. It is evident that both he and the executives at Community First have been attempting to gaslight me.

Initially, I filed a complaint and my first amended complaint for contract fraud, as they had deceived me about my rights, denying my ability to assert them. However, I subsequently amended my complaint a second time to focus on discrimination. Despite their false statements regarding my rights, they denied me a loan unless I signed the documents with only my signature, excluding the phrase "All Rights Reserved."

Adding to the complexity, despite their knowledge that I have a valid case, both Michael Paul Orta and the executives at Community First have consistently refused to allow me to amend my complaint a second time after he filed his second motion to dismiss. This further demonstrates their attempt to prevent me from presenting a clearer claim. They insist on subjecting my pleadings to the same stringent standards as lawyers, disregarding the well-established case law that pro se litigants cannot be held to the same standards. The court should liberally construe pro se lawsuits, recognizing that self-represented litigants may not have the same legal expertise as lawyers.

Michael Paul Orta's refusal to permit me to amend my complaint substantiates their intent to dismiss the case before a jury can consider it. Their primary objective is to suppress awareness of people's rights and the details of this case. However, I remain undeterred. I am determined to make this information available to the public, and therefore, I will post similar reviews and complaints wherever applicable to ensure others are informed about my experience and the actions of Community First.

Even if this current case is dismissed, I am fully prepared to appeal it all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary or file a new case with a more concise explanation of my claim. I firmly believe that justice will prevail.

Furthermore, I find it imperative to post this information because Community First has refused to remove a negative item from my credit report. Consequently, I will report a negative item on their public profiles to alert others to their practices.

DO NOT BANK HERE

Scandalizes, liars, theives. Make sure to record all phone calls

They Are Incorrectly Reporting To Credit Bureaus

Don’t do business with this credit union. They continue to report to the credit bureau incorrectly. I’ve spent 2 years trying to correct this issue and filed complaints with the better business bureau and FTC to NO AVAIL!!! Piss poor service and workers. I have many accounts with different financial institutions and this was by far the worst experience. Best decision I made years ago was to terminate my membership with Community First Credit Union of FL.

Community Is A Great Place!

Community first is a wonderful place to bank, and work for. The downtown location is very convenient the a lot of businesses, and the staff there is always in eager to help.

Community First Credit Union is bank I trust.

I opened my first account ever at a community first branch here in Jacksonville, Florida. I was 17 years old and had 200 dollars to my name, and they made me feel like I was some corporate executive big wig. Since then I've tried many other banks, I still hold accounts at other banks, but by far my favorite experience is with community first. The employees are top notch, they all know me by name, they expedite me and skip red tape when it's unnecessary, and they always give me advice. If it wasn't for them, I would never have opened up my first savings account. They gave me a great deal where they put 100 dollars in the account for me, and then paid out a 1.35% yearly interest on it. It was because of them I even bothered to care what interest was. I later applied that knowledge when deciding whether or not to sell my properties. I always thought, can I make more on the interest or on the rent? Overall, community first is more than just a bank to me. It honestly feels like a family that cares about me and my financial situation. I trust them completely and I plan to be their customer for the rest of my life.

Community First Credit Union has never let me down.

My community credit union is a wonderful bank that I have been going to since I was a teenager. I opened my first checking and savings account there and to this day, at 35 years of age, I don't have a single complaint. The staff at every branch in my city of Jacksonville is friendly, courteous, and they treat you like a close friend. I know everyone there by name, and anytime I have a question about my account, they bend over backwards to help me. They ask me about my day, they always smile, you get free coffee, they have play areas there, and now they have gone all high tech and revamped all their branches with tablets and other computer devices to make things even more efficient. Recently, they had a program going on to give people that open a new account 25 dollars. I asked them if I could get the 25 dollars since I already had an account and they said sure. I'll never stop banking with these guys as long as I live in Florida, they really make going to the bank a pleasant experience.

Great Service From A Credit Union The Will Work With You

I love Community First. They have had excellent customer service over the past 8 years that I have been a member. One time I remember in particular was when my apartment building mistakenly withdrew my rent twice, causing my account to overdraft. Community First waived the overdraft fees, no questions asked. Any time I have a question about a process or a transaction, I can log onto their website and submit a question. I almost always hear back the same day and usually the information is very helpful. Finally, their mobile app is great. I can deposit checks, make transfers, check balances, view the nearest free ATM, you name it. And on top of all of this, I've never had to pay a fee! My checking account is completely free (even earns a tiny amount of interest).

Best Local Financial Institution

I have been a member of Community First Credit Union for over forty years. During that time it has met my financial needs and has proven to be a trustworthy institution. It has evolved to meet my needs, including mobile banking. I appreciate the role it plays in the local northeast Florida area, particularly the support of local schools. The name is not Community First Federal Credit Union, but Community First Credit Union of Florida. I highly recommend it to anyone who lives or works in northeast Florida.

Loan Information

I found it impossible to get any information regarding mortgage loans unless I became a member. I need to know rates before I would agree to join. Other credit unions were forthcming with the info. I'm going elsewhere.