EverBank Reviews

great bank

I've had a very good experience with Everbank. Originally I had used the bank as a source for getting a good mortgage rage and then found that they did CD's, savings accounts, and money markets. I also found that their interest rates were a lot higher than a lot of local banks. I recommended that my parents use the savings account and money markets for larger cash positions that they need to hold. We were very impressed by the personalized level of service that we received. We were walked through step by step and even my parents, who are older and tend to be hard to please, were very happy with using them.

Great rates, but service is a bit lacking

I had a checking account set up with Everbank after having a different loan through them to understand them better. They have very aggressive interest rates since they don't have physical locations to help distract from their revenue stream. These are some of the best rates around and not something you can easily find. It's not all positive, unfortunately; there are some cons to using their service. Their customer service is a bit underwhelming and something that I wish they would improve upon. Their website used to be pretty dreadful, but they put some work into improve the experience, but it's still missing a few key components. Overall, I think they are decidedly average. Their rates are to be admired, but need to improve the customer experience.

Competitive Rates on CDs

I invested in a Bump Rate CD with EverBank and have been very happy with the results. The CD I chose had a very low minimum opening amount of $1500, and the interest rates were excellent compared to other banks when I did comparisons. I loved that the rate was bumped when the interest rates increased, so I did not feel like I was missing out on more money. They only increase the rates once over the life of the CD, but the rates were good to begin with. I also know that for most specialty CDs like this, the opening balance requirement is generally much higher. Overall, my experience with EverBank has been positive, and I would definitely invest in a CD with them again in the future.

Good products, CS could stand to improve

Posted by: Buehleham | Feb 17, 2018

I started using Everbank due to the direction of one of my friends who ditched their local bank in favor of some online products. I deposited $100 into an account just to get the lay of the land. Right off the top, I really like the online portal as you can easily see your balance, check on transfers, etc. Very easy to change information as well as I accidentally put the wrong address in. What I would like to see is the dedicated service staff become a bit better. I don't know if my rep was having a bad day or what but they didn't seem very knowledgable about my question on how interest is charged and was very curt with me on the phone. Maybe a bad day, but would like to see this improved!

My first account

Posted by: Microok | Feb 12, 2018

When I turned 18 and became able to work full time I opened my first bank account for my own personal use. I chose everbank because I heard several radio ads during football games and it was conveniently located. I had my first experience with direct deposit which wasn't without issues due to an error that the bank graciously helped fix. My employer had filed my account number improperly so the issue was on their part not the banks. I was sad to have to close my account when I moved because The nearest branch was nearly an hour away. While the online experience was bland and I often had issues with the mobile app the bank itself never made errors with my money or charged me hidden fees.

Awesome Experience

I use Everbank for both my checking and savings needs, and have been pleased by the experience. I have been a customer for years, and am impressed by the lack of arbitrary fees. Some money institutions seem like they are in the business of taking your money, and making it is as difficult as possible to get it back out. This is not the case with Everbank. Beyond the core savings experience, Everbank has top notch customer service. Anytime I have had a question or concern, Everbank has been both responsive and comprehensive with their assistance. Overall, I'd highly recommend this institution to anyone looking to switch banks.

Nothing But Good Things to Say About Everbank

I have a checking and savings account at Everbank, and I've been banking with them for about 2 years. I've had nothing but positive experiences with them to date. The main reason I switched to their bank was because they don't have any monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance requirements and I earn competitive interest rates on my accounts. Even my checking account earns interest. I also enjoy using their bill pay system, it's much more user friendly than some of the other institutions I've banked with in the past. Overall, I highly recommend them.

I Love Banking With Everbank

Posted by: Dipitypeck | Feb 9, 2018

I have a basic checking and basic savings account at Everbank that I opened about 2 years ago. I have not had a single problem since banking with them and I highly recommend their products. The main reason I started banking at Everbank was I was tired of paying all the fees that my prior banks were charging me. At Everbank, I have no monthly maintenance fees on either my checking or savings account as long as I have an average daily balance of $25, and even if I miss this requirement, the fee is only $5. I also enjoy using their free online bill pay service.

Unique Products at Everbank

Posted by: Edgyregant | Feb 8, 2018

Along with a variety of typical banking products that are offered at Everbank, this is the only place I have seen that allows me to have savings accounts denominated in foreign currencies. As of this moment there are no fees associated with these accounts other than the one time transaction fees when you originally convert in and out of your chosen currency. The transaction fees vary slightly but for me have typically been around 1/2 of a percent and they do acquire VERY good conversion rates for the swaps that I have initiated.
I have read that they are in the process of initiating maintanence fees but there are none yet. To me this presents a great opportunity to diversify outside of US dollar denominated assets particularly in these days of such financial irresponsibility.

My everbank review

Posted by: Execdypler | Feb 7, 2018

I have been a member of everbank for about four years now and have been mostly satisfied so far. Since I live in Jacksonville I chose to use everbank because they are very local to me. They also own the Jacksonville Jaguars football stadium and I frequent there often. I am given discounts for being a member of the bank at the stadium. As for fees they are on par with most banks and their savings accounts have a comparable rate as others do. Their customer service has always been good to me and have covered any transactions that were fraudulent. The only downside I see to them is that some of their accounts require a larger deposit than others. Their basic checking is cheap but their yield pledge checking is high requiring $5000 to open. Other than that I have hadl good experiences with them.

Everbank Meets My needs

Posted by: Logynyip | Feb 6, 2018

I've been with Everbank for at least a year now. The sign up process was easy as well as funding the account. If you've done any type of account to account transfer you'll have no problem doing it. There were multiple options for different checking accounts. I ended up choosing one that bears interest and had little to no fees. For the first year the interest it generated wasn't much less than the 1 year CD I had at the time. It isn't a huge amount but most checking accounts don't provide any. The only catch is that you have to keep a $5000 minimum balance with them. I honestly can't remember if I had a monthly charge to start with or not. I know it wasn't much if it was anything at all. I'm almost positive it's waived for me each month now. That may be part of keeping the $5000 balance. I use my ATM card quite a bit and haven't incurred any fees with it either. I'm still learning to use the mobile functions but I deposited a check last week and it went through seamlessly. I had reservations about using a strictly online bank but I don't miss my physical locations at all. I've had nothing but positive experiences with Everbank.

They Will Close Your Account For Anything!!!

Posted by: jam896 | Jan 28, 2018

I was an EverBank customer for a brief time here recently and they closed my account for suspicious logins! You read those right suspicious logins!!! I subscribe to various services such as Earnin ( which loan money to you) and have linked my account to other banks such as my chime card and mint and those services use your bank login to monitor the balance of your account because of this it appeared that my account was being logged into from various places. (1) Problem number one EverBank does not reach out to you before freezing your account, I went to make a purchase and that's how I found out (my card was also frozen) a simple phone call would be nice! . Then the department that you need to unfreeze it is not open except for typical business hours (2) They refuse to reopen another account because THEY feel the accounts compromised and feel your a risk (because of logins) (3) When i determined the cause of the logins this representative refused to listen quoting ""ok is there anything else i can help you with" and still proceded with closing the account. They also stated most likely i would not be able to bank there in the future because of these suspicious logins. As I stated earlier Everbank will close your account for anything, mine was closed just for logins and i would not recommend banking here save yourself the agony of your account getting frozen for no reason!

Outdated Procedures

Like many others, I was attracted by EverBank's relatively high CD rates and proceeded to open an account online. I was informed that I must mail them a check to fund the account.
Thereafter, I proceeded to establish two external transfer accounts using their online banking features. After that was established, I was again informed such could not be used to fund (additional) CDs.

Now that my CD has matured, I have encountered the same outdated, Neanderthal procedures. I called on the maturity date to redeem this CD and was told that they could not transfer CD proceeds by ACH (previously established transfer accounts) but they would need to send a check which would take 24-48 hours to process and it would then be sent by overnight delivery service and I must be home to sign for it!! Luckily I'm retired so that is actually possible. I have CD with half a dozen internet banks and have never encountered these outdated procedures anywhere else. This now is NEVER EverBank for me. Beware!

A reliable online back

The EverBank has their attractive rates on its checking, savings and CD accounts. The EverBank offers 24/7 phone customer support. There's no monthly maintenance fee, and EverBank doesn't charge ATM fees.

Everbank Customer Service

Posted by: CarKrypto | Jan 21, 2018

I have been with Everbank for a few years because they are one of the largest local banks. If I ever have questions their Customer Service people are so nice and helpful. I made a deposit and needed a copy of the check ASAP without waiting for the monthly statement (usually I'm good about copying before I deposit). Their Customer Service was amazing and emailed me a copy within a day!

Highly Recommend

Posted by: Ainplnes | Jan 12, 2018

I first learned about EverBank through my health insurance company, Blue Cross. I have an HSA (Health Savings Account) and the literature from my health insurance company stated that I could use EverBank to grow those funds. The set-up process was easy and I purchased a CD. It was nice to have my funds grow and when the CD matured, I was able to access that money for a major medical expense. If I had any questions, I simply got on the phone and asked a representative at EverBank. They were knowledgeable and eager to help. I had such a pleasant experience, I told my father about it. The next day, he bought a CD on EverBank. I have subsequently purchased investment products at EverBank and will continue to do so in the future.

Everbank Savings Account

Posted by: Magusalvi | Jan 11, 2018

I signed up for an Everbank savings account a while ago because I needed a high interest savings account to park some cash for a short term. The offer they had was one of the highest interest rates for any bank at the time. The offer was for one year, which was about the time I wanted anyway, so I figured I'd use them for a year and then switch to another bank once their interest rate lowered. I had never heard of them before and had never used an "online only" bank before so I was a bit skeptical about them but I decided to give it a shot anyway. I have used their website on my computer and their iOS app to manage my money. I was mostly happy with the experience, transferring money from my existing bank to Everbank was a smooth experience, the same as any other bank. I could see a good overview of my account and see how much interest I had earned, which was the main thing I wanted.

Nice Bank

Posted by: Lakoniz | Jan 9, 2018

Everbank makes it easy for me to have my checking and savings accounts available on my phone. Their website is responsive, making it easy to check on a phone, laptop, or computer, and the experience is the same on all. They allow me to have different accounts and I can divvy up my money to pay for specific bills. They also offer me the capability to meet with a financial representative and discuss my investments and the potential I have to retire. The offer good rates on savings, however I feel that credit unions are better in that regard. I don't like that they are a for-profit bank, but they are one of the better banks I've been a part of.

Low fee. Easy to get fee waived.

Posted by: Marsonicon | Jan 8, 2018

This is a pretty good bank. I have a checking account with Everbank. It was only $25 to open the account and their monthly fee of $5 is waived as long as you keep $25 in the account. It's the easy part that I like. I have another checking account with more traditional large bank and only way I get their monthly fee waived is to have direct deposit or keep tons more money in the account. Everbank does not charge ATM fees and that's another thing I do appreciate about their account. It's easy to transfer money, withdraw money with debit card, make purchase online using the debit card and most other transaction. Only thing I have not figured out is how to make cash deposit to the account. I don't think it's an option. So so far I have been transferring money from my another account to Everbank online. It's very fast and easy. If you are looking for a second checking account with no or low fee, Everbank is a good candidate.

Not the best bank for college students

Posted by: Aimakrilo | Jan 8, 2018

Although it is pretty easy to open an account with these folks, it does not suit the needs of a college student like myself. Some of the fees are tolerable, but I was kind of upset at the fact it costs extra to open a savings account. A positive of this bank is that they do offer extra services like a traditional bank does, like credit cards and what not. In all honesty, I feel this bank better suits the older population rather than the younger population. If they added more for the younger generation I would have a more favorable opinion regarding this banking institution. Also, unlike other banks, this one does not offer member rewards. I will still bank with them for now but I will still look into other institutions for primary banking.

Decent for online savings account.

I have an online savings account with Everbank. The name of the account is Yield Pledge Money Market. I have had it for almost 5 years now. I originally picked it because it has relatively higher interest than other savings account that were offered on the market. Currently the interest for my account is 1.03%. Considering what bigger banks offer these days for savings account, this is a pretty good rate. I remembered rates for first year is higher, and that's how they attract new customers. I know there are some other online banks with similar competitive rates, but the initial first year rates at Everbank is what attracted me. As far as I know there is no minimum fund requirement for my account, and there is also no fees to maintain it. There is also no requirements for making regular deposits or things like that. I do think there is a maximum withdrawal that you can make per month, but I never reached the limit. I am not sure if they offer mobile apps for banking. If they do, I'm not aware of it. The web banking site is like most banking site. They also offer a lot of products there.

Good experience

Posted by: Lanatimb | Jan 3, 2018

I had a checking account with Everbank as I was planning to move and that was the closest bank to my new location. I deposited $100 to open the account. The women that helped me open the account was very pleasant and thorough. There were no incentives for opening the account at that time, which I had grown accustomed to with my other bank, Chase; however, it was very easy and quick. I did not end up relocating and eventually withdrew the funds and closed the account. The experience with closing the account was also very quick and easy. I liked that they didn't pressure me to keep the account open or try to upsell me. The lady that closed the account was very understanding. I would do business with them again if needed.

Best Customer Service

I was having an issue withdrawing from my checking account after my divorce because the account was still showing as a joint account. I called Customer Service. The first person I spoke to had no idea what the issue was but did transfer me to another representative. This representative was so kind and helpful and fixed the account while we were on the phone with each other. She was so supportive and caring. She gave me her direct extension if I ever needed her in the future (and it turned out that I would but again, she fixed the glitch while I was on the phone with her!). Even though this is a large bank, I feel I get personalized banking service!

Everbank is ever consistent.

Everbank is a great bank, and they are consistent with the level of service they provide. There are some things they could have done better but for the most part they are always there for me. They stay competitive with services they offer and they seem very reactionary to the banking trends. Never ones to be ahead of the game but always there to offer products that their competition will also offer. Their online presence is good and easy to use. They provide inexpensive services and I would recommend them to other people looking for a good overall bank. They do give out special incentives for their services for sporting events which I really enjoyed. They are a part of the Jacksonville Jaguars and they often give out free tickets. So thats something most banks can't do! I would recommend them to most of my friends and family!

Positive experience while living in Florida.

After graduating from college I moved to Florida for a few years and because I previously used a local bank in Pennsylvania, I needed to find a new bank to use in Florida. I ended up going with Everbank and I definitely do not regret my decision. Everbank makes my banking experience painless and offers everything I need to take care of my personal finances. I've held both checking and savings accounts with them which were easy to open and included no fees to maintain. Their online banking service are very easy to set-up and use to check accounts and even to transfer money between accounts. One of the biggest positives of Everbank has been their customer service both in their branch offices and over the phone. Every time I have approached customer service representatives with questions they have been friendly and knowledgeable. As long as I still live in Florida I will most certainly continue to use Everbank.

Everybank is well recommended

I opened an account with Everbank years ago on the suggestion of my sister. After I had been complaining about the bank I had been using, she recommended I check them out. I did and I was happy to find a very user friendly website and a really easy sign up process. I have direct deposit setup with them and I have never had any problems with my account reflecting deposits in an accurate manner. This had been a problem at my old bank. Their customer service is good too. They are easy to reach by phone as well, which is really important to me. One of the best things that I have found with them though is their interest rate. It is very good and a lot of banks offer almost no interest. Overall I would give them an A rating.

Easy Peasy

At one point I had an Everbank savings account to potentially earn a little interest on my savings without market risk. The application was super easy and it was very simple to set up the account and get money deposited. It was also very simple to link my checking account for future deposits. At the time I opened the account, the rates were competitive with the industry. However, as the Fed lowered the interest rate, the interest rate on my savings account kept dropping as did the majority of the other money markets available in the market at that time. I found a high-yield savings account with another bank that was higher at the time and moved my money out. I believe Everbank is pretty competitive now and would consider going back to them in the near future.

What you would expect from a modern bank

My experience with Everbank started after I became fed up with the horrible customer service from a well-known national bank (one that has also been in hot-water for creating fraudulent accounts). I was really just looking for a bank that would provide me with reasonable rates and fees, easy access to my money, and be willing to help when I needed it. I actually called Everbank before signing up, just to see how responsive their customer service department is. I spoke to a friendly CSR, asked some basic questions, then decided to open an account online (I think the CSR offered to do it over the phone, but it seemed easier to me to just do it myself. The process was very simple and straight forward. Since then, the bank has done pretty much what you would expect - keep my money safe, make it easy to use it, avoid doing things to make me regret my choice. I haven't had to call customer support since opening the account, and the website makes it easy to do anything I regularly need to do (check balances, move money, pay bills, order checks, etc). Overall, I really have no complaints, but I must admit the bar was pretty low.

Everbank Checking Review

Everbank has a checking account service that includes a debit card, online access, and zero annual fees. All three of these things are requirements for me to be happy with my checking account. When I signed up, the debit card arrived withing a week. I was surprised because normally it takes much longer than a week for a banking institution to mail you their introductory material. The fact the account had no fees was clearly advertised, which is standard. The Everbank website has a well designed interface, and I have never experienced slowness or interruptions. Overall, I am very pleased.

I like Everbank

Customer service has always been very helpful and friendly. Checking and savings have some of the best rates around, as advertised. The mobile app is very convenient, and the website is mostly user friendly. It could be a little more intuitive and visually appealing with the menus. Transactions usually take a day to show up unlike at my other bank where it shows up immediately. Mobile check deposits are approved very quickly, however, much more quickly than almost anywhere else. Free ATMs with a $5,000 balance is a nice feature for those who can keep that much in their account. It was easy to get approved as they don't use Chexsystems and instead require a $1,500 minimum opening deposit. However, once it's open, there's no minimum balance.

Sketchy AF

Banking in America, 2017 edition: I call Everbank to verify suspicious transactions on my debit card which had caused them to block it. After doing so, they try to interrogate me about my recent large check deposits ($3,000 each) because they are "required to know the nature of the source of my funds by the Patriot Act." They were incredibly vague about what the consequences would be to me for not answering this information, and they sounded more like FBI agents than bank employees who are eager to have my business. Suffice to say, I no longer feel comfortable making large deposits or keeping a large balance with Everbank.

Quality Retirement Products from Everbank

Posted by: Padesman | Nov 3, 2017

I am just starting out in getting a retirement fund. I went to Everbank, because my parents use them, and I have checking and money market accounts with them. The financial adviser was very friendly, and explained the different retirement products available. She was very clear in her explanations, and I really felt more comfortable with investing my money. I decided to invest in an annuity, so I can pull out some built income soon.

Easy bank to work with.

Posted by: Edicksmu | Nov 2, 2017

I have not had any issues with Everbank since I began to use them. I actually was in need of a "better" bank than the one I had been working with. It seemed like I had been having nothing but issues with previous bank when I decided to move my money over to Everbank. They make it so much easier to monitor where my money is going, and make it very easy to contact them with any questions. It maybe because of the difficulties I had with my previous bank that make me bias towards good customer service, but it seems Everbank is truly out to help out the customer.

Satisfaction

Posted by: NateAnnon | Oct 24, 2017

EverBank was recently acquired by financial services giant TIAA, and the new company's legal name is now TIAA, FSB. But EverBank continues to be its own brand, one with fewer than 20 branches, most of them in Florida. If you open an account, expect to do most of your banking online.

Customer service representatives are available 24/7 by phone and during normal business hours on Twitter, which is impressive. EverBank offers mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, but reviews contain several complaints about glitches.

Everbank is a Good Community Bank

Posted by: Opacorte | Oct 22, 2017

When I lived in Jacksonville, Florida, I banked exclusively with Everbank, primarily because I was a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars. I had both their Basic Checking and Savings Accounts, which I was perfectly happy with. In the past, most Banks would charge a monthly fee on checking unless I had direct deposit going in, but with Everbank you just have to maintain a regular balance of $25. This was particularly useful for me, as I left my job and didn't have to worry about closing my accounts to avoid fees. The tellers at my local bank were always friendly and pleasant, the branch was very updated and made me feel like I was wealthier than I actual am for banking their. And as far as I could tell, the Savings Account rate was competitive. Pretty much all I could ask for. I've had a lot of bad experiences with larger banks like Wells Fargo and Bank of America, so Everbank was a nice change of pace! If they were close to where I live now, I would absolutely open accounts with them again.

Great interest and CD rates from a smaller bank

I opened a CD and a money market account for my son at Everbank. The reason I chose Everbank was they offered the highest CD rates in Florida that I could find from a reputable institution. I was very pleased with the rate they offered on a 5-year CD so I chose that one. I think I filled out something online but then needed to complete my application over the phone. I don't remember much about that interaction but I think that's probably a good thing. After setting up the account I downloaded the Everbank app and was able to use it to make some additional deposits. Later, I wanted to set up another account for my newborn but I was not able to do it online. I wish I had been able to submit an online application given that I already had an account established with the bank. So I think technology may be a weakness of theirs. But all in all, the great rates probably offset any inconveniences that stem from the weaker technology.

A great bank with lots of add-ons

I have been a customer with everbank for many years and have always been happy with them! Their checking accounts provide high interest with low or no fees. Their introductory interest rates are much better than any normal rates you can find, and they even refund ATM charges you may incur - all of which keeps your total checking costs super low. Plus making mobile deposits and doing everything on-line is easy and efficient. I've had great experiences with their customer service, and definitely feel like overall they are the best choice for checking available. Additionally, everbank offers CDs and other investment instruments such as commodity funds, making it a full-service firm that's easy to work with too. Everbank has always been a trusted partner in my banking experience, and their customer service reps seem to really know their stuff.

Been highly satisfied with Everbank for years now!

I opened an account with Everbank many years ago - probably at least 10 years - and have always been highly satisfied with them overall. The biggest thing they've done for me is add mobile check deposit which is awesome, but even before that I just popped the checks in the mail in their pre-paid envelopes. Super simple! Plus they refund ATM fees if you keep a minimum balance and this is super convenient, not searching for the right machine! Previously you had to mail in the receipts which was a hassle (but worth it!) but now it's all automatic and awesome. I even make some interest on my checking account, and they do offer other financial services. Finally, every customer service interaction I've had with Everbank has been fairly painless and pleasant. One specific problem I had was that when I lived overseas, one of the companies I paid regularly changed their mailing address without notifying me then claimed they were not receiving the checks even though they were being cashed. Customer service at Everbank helped me keep my money! I highly recommend them.

All-around great experience

I've been using Everbank for years and have rarely if ever had a problem. Checking is free -- and ATM fees may be refunded automatically (balance minimums may apply). Some other banks may require you to submit transaction receipts but it is automatic with Everbank. In addition to free checking, they offer many services you may not find at other banks including investment opportunities such as precious metals and currency exchange. Checking deposits are done via the app so no need to mail in checks - it is quick and simple. An overall view of your account plus the details of upcoming scheduled transactions allow you to monitor your balance going forward, which is really useful if you keep a lower balance. I've had great experience with their customer service, both via email and voice calls. I will continue to be a customer for years to come.

AVOID Everbank

This bank should change its name to "NeverBank" or "IncompetentBank." I have had an account with EverBank for several years and only keep it open because it is such a pain to re-establish all of the auto-deposits and electronic funds transfer links. We repeatedly receive terrible/incompetent advice. Most recently, I was trying to make a mobile deposit and was locked out after one failed attempt (it is supposed to allow 3 chances). I am now unable to make a deposit for 3 days. Apparently, it is to protect me from people who might wish to make unauthorized deposits to my account. I am more concerned with unauthorized withdrawals. I encourage anyone who reads this review to check reviews from other EverBank customers too. EverBank has a terrible reputation among online banks, and it is entirely justified.

ENORMOUS Prepayment Penalties!

Posted by: MisterR | May 15, 2017

Was told by Customer Service: The prepayment penalty for any CD is 25% of what the total earned interest would have been if the CD had been kept to maturity. For example, a $100,000, 2.0% APY, 5-year CD would earn $10,408 interest over its five years. A prepayment AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO MATURITY would require a 25% penalty of that, or a $2,602 penalty! Wow.

Trying Open Rewards Checking Acct :(

Posted by: sreins | Jan 31, 2017

Going on two weeks - still going in circles.

My First Internet Bank

I decided to switch to an internet bank recently. I eventually settled on Everbank and I was quite enamored with the process. The process was simple, an application that was designed to be quick and efficient. I was able to start an account with a direct transfer from a traditional bank. I started with $500 and at the time, Everbank was paying a full 1% on interest, which was much higher than many brick and mortar banks. I never had an issue with customer service, so I never had to contact them for it. Sadly, I had to give it up because I needed the money for moving, so I decided it best to just close the account, but if the need ever arose again, I'd be happy with their services again.

Yikes, Its Pretty Bad!!!

The good:Very good rates, probably the best around.
The BAD: Yikes! Simple things are absolutely horrible! Want to open a CD when you already have one - almost impossible. You need to start the process from scratch if you can figure out how because once you log in, there's no way to do it. Next - want to know what the latest CD rates are when you already have an account? Once you've logged in-they don't show it!!!!
The Ugly - sometimes conflicting or incorrect info from customer service IF your call isn't on hold for about 40 MINUTES!!!!!
Conclusion - is the aggravation worth it for an extra tenth of a percent? Nope, and as they say, Never Bank with EverBank.
Wish I read the reviews before starting with them. I've NEVER saw an organization with over 50% of their customers ratings at 1 star!!!!

Neverbank Says It Better

Posted by: sak_pase | May 14, 2016

Their intro rate on Money Market Accounts is tolerable; but the account opening process is much more cumbersome than other banks. Online statement delivery is inconsistent, and responses from customer service seem to have been written by cretins. I say "never again".

Horrible Bank. Stay Away From It.

We made a payment to the mortgage. They claimed they didn't receive it and asked us to make an additional payment. We did it. But rwo months later they cashed out my original payment as well, caused overdraft. we called him multiple times asking for refund. They never sent it to us but kept on lying.

Good Bank

This bank is great for rates and have good customer service. I've been banking with them for over 2+ years and have enjoyed there banking. My whole family currently banks with them.

Misleading Incompetent

Posted by: silver | Mar 6, 2015

EverBank representative promises over 4 months repeatedly contradicted by officials.
Also EverBank house appraisal $150,000
less than independent appraisal.

Good Banking Experience

Posted by: Yamago | Nov 13, 2014

In early 2012, I was informed by Wells Fargo of a new "fee" for some of their account holders. As a Wells Fargo account holder of over 20 years, I was not happy about this fee so I began the dreaded search of finding a new bank. I searched everywhere -- big banks, small banks, credit unions, online banks -- and finally came across Everbank. I used their chat feature on their website and spoke with Dennis. Dennis was very helpful and friendly, explaining all the great features of Everbank. The sign up process is a bit different than most banks, as I was required to mail the paperwork in along with a check. Dennis was kind enough to give me a prepaid label to overnight this with Fedex.

Approximately two days later, my accounts were open and I setup my online access. Since this moment, I have been very pleased with the service that I have received from Everbank. Every phone call has ended in a resolution to a problem. The online banking layout and smartphone app gets the job done. The only thing I would admit that I wasn't pleased with was the fee for online bill pay (unless you maintain a $5,000 daily balance). This is a minor problem, as I don't use online bill pay often.

I am baffled by the other e-mails for Everbank and the problems people have experienced. I have three accounts open with Everbank and have no intention in looking for another bank for a very long time.

If you are currently looking for a new bank, look no further than Everbank. I am sure you will be pleased.

Worst Ever!

Posted by: investor50 | Sep 4, 2014

There is a reason they lure new applicants with "higher rates"! Don't waste your time applying!
Most stupid bank ever!

Take A Look At Their Fees Before Grabbing The High Interest

Posted by: moore2772 | Dec 14, 2013

Their fees are actually even higher than the big banks for things like bill pay, writing checks, etc. Study the website before taking the bait chasing interest rates.

Everbank's Lousy Website

I tried to open an online account, but it won't let me past the "Disclosures" screen.  All of the progress boxes are fine, but it won't go forward unless I download Adobe Reader, WHICH I ALREADY HAVE!

I decided to put my money in another bank.  After all, if Everbank can't even get the new account process right, imagine how they will do once they have your money!

Banker Beware!

Posted by: bugmenot | Jun 4, 2013

I'm a new Everbank customer and am finding that every step of the way, there has been a problem.  They "hold" money over a certain amount for five business days minimum, even though it was withdrawn from my other bank already.  They blame it on the clearing house.  Yes, those electrons take a long time to get from my other bank to Everbank.  Some of their phone reps are pleasant, but mostly snotty with a "screw you" attitude- "that's the way we do it- you should have read the terms and conditions" as I was told.  Everbank truly does suck and I'm profoundly sorry that I ever went through the nightmarish process of opening accounts with them.  Beware- they are everything you don't want a bank to be. I will be gone soon.

Incompetent And Rude Staff

This bank is so fishy and rediculous. After I submited my application, they asked for extra documents no other bank requires. They expect you to compromise your security by mailing them your social security card!

Cooperating with them is also useless. I just never heard back from them and had to call them. Customer service is unhelpful and condescending. They said they couldn't verify my info, and they just dismissed me without explanation. I never had a problem with any other bank in the past or present. It just shows their sheer stupidity if it's true that their system couldn't verify my identity. Glad I didn't give them the large sum of $ I was going to put in their bank. I'm more than happy to take my business elsewhere. I already conviniently opened an account with another bank, without any of their nonsense.

It was a waste of time to deal with their painful system that froze a few times.

They Refused To Open My Account

Posted by: kelewele | Apr 8, 2013

I was excited to see all the positive reviews this bank got on this site.  The rates looked good, and they seemed to have all the features I wanted.  I went through the entire online application process, filled and signed all the paperwork and sent it in by fax.  And nothing happened.

I called to follow up and was told that Everbank has declined to open the account because my company has an affiliate abroad.  Duh, I run an export business.

Very disappointed, and would not recommend for international companies.  My search continues.

Ethical Problems

Posted by: campcop1 | Dec 7, 2012

This bank has a problem in it's business ethics as far as backing out of oral contracts and offers and is a detriment to the economic growth in the Jax, Fl. area. I know personally 2 times jobs have been offered and verified and told to give notice to old jobs to then be told after the fact that they were withdrawing because of a reason that turned out to be not even legal. They are slowly adding to the unemployment in Jax by doing this and if I live in a different county and know this, how many people have they actually done this to?  I'm not sure if a relative needed the job and they were slow in applying or what. It may be a moral problem but there is no ethics with morals, so.....

I certainly wouldn't feel right trusting them with my money as they treat people that poorly.

I've Been Impressed So Far, Excellent Customer Service!

Posted by: jdibella | Jun 3, 2012

I switched from Wells Fargo to EverBank and so far I have been impressed. I filled out my application online, printed it, faxed it in and mailed in my opening deposit. EverBank provided me with a FedEx account number to overnight my check to them. The account was opened in about two days. I setup my online account and accessed both personal and business checking accounts very quickly. I made my first iPhone deposits that night and everything was deposited the next day.

Customer service has been great, something I wasn't used to as a former Wells Fargo customer. I received all the answers I needed and was very pleased with the information. The technology with the bank seems to be very good. The web interface for online banking takes a little getting used to, but after using it for a while now I have become accustomed to it. The EverOne feature is very neat, very similar to Mint.com.

I highly recommend EverBank to anyone in need of a checking account but doesn't have a need of withdrawing cash often or depositing cash. I keep an account with a local bank in case I never need to cash a check or deposit cash (rare) but overall EverBank provides me all that I need.

Be aware that Bill Pay is not free unless you keep an average daily balance of $5,000. I don't need this all that much and when I do I can simply use my local bank. Other than that, no fees whatsoever for my account. Thank you EverBank!

Love My Everbank Accounts! Great Bank That Now Has A Footprint In Florida. HOORAY

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 7, 2012

Love my EverBank Accounts! Great bank that now has a footprint in Florida. HOORAY!

Excellent Service And Competitive In Every Way

Posted by: SAPete | Feb 3, 2012

I have used EverBank since 2009, and never had anything than complete satisfaction. Anytime I phone them, they are very responsive, so polite and easy to work with. High interest rates (relatively) on deposits, pre-paid mail-in deposit slips, ATM fee refunds, all add up to a bank that is the polar opposite of the gouging practices of many of the major banks that I shall leave nameless. Add to that, that they are a pleasure to deal with, I highly recommend this bank.

Have Been Using Them For 5 Years, Excellent Service

Posted by: sangre | Nov 23, 2011

I switched to Everbank from Wachovia about 5 years ago, and haven't entered a bank since. Couldn't be happier.

Free checking and savings accounts, easy online access, and I love mailing my checks in (using prepaid envelopes) rather than going to a bank to deposit them.

I've also used ING. Their online interface is slightly more user-friendly, and they make it very easy to set up different accounts for different savings goals. However, you still need a brick and mortar bank to use ING, because they don't accept deposits. Everbank supplies you with pre-paid envelopes to send in your checks.

ING does offer you free ATM withdrawals from select ATM's, which is nice. Everbank only reimburses you if you have $6,000 in your account.

Easy Online Purchase

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 3, 2011

18 months ago it was easy and simple to purchase a great rate CD. No issues whatsoever. Looking at buying another since they've got great rates again.

I Tried To Open An Account Back In 2008

Posted by: Anonymous | May 13, 2010

I tried to open an account back in 2008. I finished the on-iine application but had some questions and decided to call them. It appeared they don't have customer service. Nobody picked up the phone. After three attempts I sent them email that I'm cancelling the application.

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact feedback@depositaccounts.com to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.