Extraco Banks, N. A. Reviews

Thieves! So Disappointed!

I have been with ExtraCo for over 15 years. They changed their policies without any notification and started withdrawing money from my savings account without my permission. When I notified them and pointed out their statements did not show any debits although the amount in the account was dropping, they refused to refund the money. They lost me as a customer and lost my account. I am never going back.

Horrible Bank

The banker/manager at the Killeen branch is the worst. My 89 year old father has banked there for years. He’s suffering from beginning dementia but every time we try to assist him at this bank we have issues. They even commented that they can tell he’s changed but want zero input from us even when he struggles to explain what he needs. I am closing my Extraco acct tomorrow. His accounts will be closed as soon as possible. I would give this bank at least the Killeen branch zero recommendation.

It Just Kept On Getting Worse

Just about everything that could possibly go wrong t this bank did just that. No matter the branch or time of day that I visited, I could count on this bank to lose deposits, mishandle my checks (I'd go to the drive-thru to deposit a check and often get sent the cash), and generally fail to provide adequate service and support. Once, the ATM even took my cash and failed to credit my account as its gears whirred and whined away. DO NOT use this bank!

The Worst Costumer Service Ever

You can literally stay in line and take a nap

WANTED TO LOVE YOU, BUT HAD TO LEAVE

Chose this bank because it was a family-owned and operated bank - and ostensibly community and small business focused. It is not. It has sadly gone the way of dozens of big, impersonal and mediocre banks before it - not an especially good direction. Left the bank because of the erosion of product and service excellence, customer-care, and trust over the past 6 years.

HORRIBLE SERVICE AND BANK!

This is in regards to customer service and the procedures, or lack there of, at Extraco.
I work for a very distinguished attorney and he holds multiple accounts at extraco bank. He and I have had numerous issues with this bank. they are absolutely impersonal and rude. They change the requirements and procedures on a daily to weekly basis. One teller does things differently than the previous. I had to be finger printed and treated like a criminal in order to cash a check at this bank. Melissa Mitchel, the teller, had the worst customer service attitude you could imagine and the peon manager she called upon to "aid" in the issue was just as bad. I was treated like a criminal being booked into the county jail. I was smirked at and embarrassed and will make sure that everyone knows about his incident and the treatment thereof. Extraco has also changed their banking cards/debit cards over to discover and no one accepts discover. they obviously changed this to make themselves more money in the process. They are not concerned about their customers....... AT ALL! They are absolutely useless on the phone when trying to accomplish the most minor of task. They do not communicate worth a damn, nor do they seem to understand their own jobs. This bank is by far the worst financial institution i have ever dealt with. They are abhorrently rude and ignorant and lack the skills necessary to run the business they are trying to run.

Read The Fine Print...

I was surprised to see Extraco in the list.  I grew up in Belton and used Extraco as my bank for several years.  I can't say that I ever had a terrible experience with them, but it seemed they weren't too concerned about my business.

I no longer bank with Extraco due to their policy on credit card advance checks.  I had never personally given the bank a bad check, but one day they refused to deposit a credit card advance check.  Too many of those checks going bad they said.  I like being treated as an individual, not lumped into a group of deadbeats.

So to the current offer.  There are a couple of gotchas:
A monthly service charge of $0.00 to $7.95 will be charged on your account depending on how you bank. The monthly service charge is reduced by $1.99 for each banking option you participate in per statement cycle:
Use E-statements Use Extraco Bill Pay Use account debit card(s) at least 30 times per month Maintain direct deposit Be 65 years old or older Now I am under 65, so the only way I am getting this account without fee is to do 30 debit transactions per month, plus the other 3.  That is a lot to ask for up to $250 per year.  I say $250 because you only get the basic interest rate with 30 transactions.

You can double the interest rate to 2% though:
Earn Premium Interest when you participate in these banking options each statement cycle:

E-statements Use account debit card at least 60 times Maintain direct deposit Pay at least five bills with Extraco Bill Pay Seriously?  Who uses a debit card 60 times a month?  I had to dig a little to find this also, since I was a little confused on the basic vs. premium interest.

This account is setup for people who don't read the fine print.  They say 2% interest, but I wonder how many of their customers actually get the account fee free and earn the 2%.  This account seem way to gimicky.

Needless to say, I will not be going back to Extraco.

Glenn