HAPO Community Credit Union Reviews

SEVERE ELDER ABUSE BY HAPO

I am glad I found this site. Hapo Credit union in the Tri-Cities, WA has been swindling my friend for years. He has dementia. He is on a small fixed income. He cannot balance his checkbook, cannot deal with writing checks and tries to do everything by phone. Hapo has rude phone service, and no one will return his calls.

He cannot manage his own money and has overdraft fees of 30.00 all the time. He will use the bank machine and it will give him money when he has no money in checking and charge him a 30.00 overdraft fee also. He and I were unaware and Hapo has never told him he could Opt Out and when he has no money in checking, the cash machine will Not give him money and charge him overdraft fees. He thinks they are doing him favors like the time they had the overdrafts go to the little savings account he will ever have. He was unaware that some criminal was secretly writing checks out of his checkbook and so the savings account was totally depleted because the overdrafts were coming out of the savings account. So his little savings he will ever have are gone. After all this the workers at Hapo will fill out his checkbook by hand, never showing the overdraft charges and never explaining or cautioning him what trouble he is in with his accounts. The workers flatter him with their sexy seductive ways. Then after the last mess they created a separate line of credit for him where the overdrawn checking account would come out of the line of credit. So before long the line of credit was maxed out and he owes Hapo over $1,000.00 with interest, good for you Hapo. That payment to Hapo is now automatically deducted from his checking which just makes the problem worse. He doesn’t even know about that. They flatter him and tell him what a great credit rating his has. Well he has not had a credit card in years and never buys anything because he is so poor. The latest swindle on their part is that they created another loan for him. A car/auto loan to buy a motorcycle. He doesn’t even have a motorcycle license. Now that is another loan payment that is automatically deducted from his meager checking account that he forgets and isn’t aware of because of his short term memory loss. He forgets what they do to him the minute he walks out the door because of his dementia. He forgets even which branch he goes to so he is using several branches and no one is tracking his problems. It is a perfect swindle and a huge criminal case of severe elder abuse on Hapo’s part. Anyone who is even thinking of Hapo WATCH OUT

I Will Not Suggest HAPO To Anyone

I had called to make a payment over the phone for my husband who was in the field due to being in the military. I had all my information ready to go when Amy, who in my opinion was the rudest most unprofessional person I have ever talked to in my life, proceeded to raise her voice and argue with me. She stated that in the eyes of HAPO I did not have any claim to my HUSBANDS truck, and continued to waste my time. I requested to talk to her manager immediately, she then placed me on hold for a significant amount of time. Her manager luckily was helpful and sounded completely confused as to why Amy would have a issue in accepting a payment. I truly hope that HAPO releases Amy from their employment, if she's rude to me you can definitely bet she has been rude to others!

Predatory Vultures

My girlfriend was in a coma on a ventilator. Her car was impounded in a lot and it could not be released to anyone but her, her Power of Attorney or HAPO, the lienholder. Before she was fully alert and could sign permission over to get it picked up, HAPO rolled a hauler and a Writ of Reposession to Spokane, took the car, served her with a NOTICE OF CUSTOY AND INTENT TO SELL giving her a week to pay off the entire loan, impound and towing costs and other gouging charges.

Here is the thing, before her accident, she had been one month behind and had made arrangements with HAPO to double pay in April and catch up. They illegally defaulted her loan while she is recovering from an accident and coma.

They are beyond the pale in predatory and likely illegal repossession and re-selling tactics. I'd never get a loan from these people because we all think something like what happened to my girlfriend won't happen to you or a loved one but it can and this outfit moves in like a vulture onto a cooling deer carcass along the highway to stab their grimy beaks into you as fast as they can.

DO NOT RISK YOUR FINANCIAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH. A car loan isn't worth it. Shop around.

What Is "HAPO"

What does HAPO stand for? Is it an abbreviation? Why is HAPO currently so active in working to capture customers?

Happy With HAPO

HAPO has been my primary checking and savings institution for years.  Although it is based in Washington State, I decided to keep my accounts when I moved across the country.  Their direct deposit and online services have worked flawlessly, with good backup on phone support.  Considering their five-star health rating, I'm planning to stay with them.

They Are Very Unprofessional And Rude

I do not recommend this credit union and I have been a member for years. They are behind the times and going downhill as far as customer service. At least two employees have been extremely rude to me recently after years of not having issues. One manager was extremely rude when I was trying to make a complaint about the way I was treated when I was trying to pay them over the phone. They don’t even have a link on their own website to leave feedback or complaints. They are inconsistent, unreliable and rude. I will be closing the account as soon as possible.