Nevada State Bank Reviews

Closing Account

Nsbank is an excellent bank until you close it. $8 a day for being remotely on the negatives and trying to close it. Charges add up fast. No way of stopping them even when the money is is on the way. For this, if i could give negative 8 stars a day until this is done, then I issue them. Not right for a bank to pull that much away from anyone.

Where Are The 5+% CD Rates?????????????????????????¿???????????????

Where are the 5%+ CD rates you advertised to get me to your site? Lies to get you to sure can't be a very good bank. Beware!

Outrageous Fees - Stay Away

Posted by: jasonh | Jun 28, 2013

Stay away! Worst bank I've ever dealt with. I was ill. My account went negative on one small check. Before I could get back into the bank to bring the balance back up they charged me $170 in late fees over a 19-day period of time. They were unwilling to waive the charges or work with me in any way. I could not talk to anyone with authority at the bank. I've dealt with several banks in the past few years and this bank has the most onerous fee schedule I've ever encountered.

Same As Above Happened To Me. Coincidence?

Posted by: AverageJoe | May 1, 2013

I was reading those reviews and can definitely agree. I was myself submitted to same treatment and practices whether it's holding checks, returning checks, abusive overdraft fees, bad customer service, etc... . This bank doesn't care about small business. They reserved their sweat for the big fishes with big money, those at The Private Bank, for example.... Those have really taken care of. Small businesses is not their cup of tea. Don't bother with them. I am getting out asap..... This bank if for rich people. Average Joes and small bizs, stay away.

The Worst Customer Service EVER

Posted by: nemo | May 1, 2013

Linda the branch manager at The Lakes, is the WORST manager I have ever had to deal with in any bank anywhere. What a difference with the classy, polite and kind account manager at Chase. This Linda is rude and arrogant. Her attitude is so despicable and so pretentious that I hope it's only her and not a trademark at NSB. This is the type of staff that banks get into trouble for abusive fees, because of their manager's abusive practices and poor judgment. My account would have been overdraft by 5 bucks or so, but she rather return a $40 check that was "posted" 3 days earlier, then charge my account for $32 returned fee, plus another $5 OVD fee, plus charge my monthly $10 fee. I called her and mentioned that it would have been easier and more professional to have someone from the bank give me a call so I can take care of this matter immediately, or, at worse, charge me $5 per day that the account is OVD. Their policy allows accounts 7 days of OVD status. Instead, she abusively manipulated my account to apply the fees. And there is no talking sense into her. She is obnoxious, pretentious. She speaks over you, before you even finish your sentence, and try to outsmart you with her ironic tone saying : "If you had money, you wouldn't be in this trouble". If I had money Linda, YOU would be kissing my a** to keep me as your customer. And she talks like I was born last night, saying that is every bank policy, blablabla... insulting my intelligence because I know as everyone else, that many banks have courtesy calls or even text messages alerts. Go by YOUR book, Linda...And I say YOUR book, because I know for a fact that other branches are way more understanding. Other banks have employees that actually "work", and don't sit on their fat ass all day staring at their computer, being "with a client" every time you try to get them on the phone. They care for their customers. They do not discriminate or change policy depending on who you are and how much money you have in your account. It's called CUSTOMER SERVICE. As a small business, I recommend to everyone who's planning to open an account with NSB to think twice. There are much better banks out there. Don't waste your time with retards. Why don't I close the account? because I have monthly ACH's coming in, 300 checks left, etc... plus I am not wrong. Just dealing with idiots. Next time something goes wrong for you Linda, based on someone else's intolerance such as yours, remember me. Karma doesn't forget.

Terrible Customer Service - Unfair Holds On Small Checks

Posted by: Onlyfacts | Mar 19, 2013

I have banked at NSB for 8 years and never had a customer's check bounced. never. This bank is NOT SMALL BUSINESS FRIENDLY. You better have a lot of money to bank there, in which case they kiss your butts, but if you are a struggling business, they make your life miserable. They constantly put holds on checks, local or not, up to 7 business days for a $1,000 check. SEVEN, that's more than ten days counting the weekend in between. Everyone who owns a small business and struggle to make a living knows how much we depend on getting our money fast. But NSB couldn't care less. They hold the check for SEVEN DAYS supposedly because of 6 overdrafts in 6 months, 1 a month... A check takes 3 days max. to clear.... even sooner if they call to verify funds. So their policy is bs and discriminatory. The less money you have or make, the more they bury you. Stay away from that bank or be prepared to count on your savings and friends when you expect YOUR money to pay your bills because NEVADA STATE BANK won't give a damn if holding your check puts you in trouble. DO NOT BANK AT NSB OR YOU WILL BE SORRY.

Listen To The Reviews! Don't Go There!!!!

Posted by: nwchickie | Oct 24, 2012

That last flowery review was obviously written by an employee, shareholder, or someone who goes to church with the bank president.
   We moved out of Las Vegas after 48 years to Idaho and then came back after 7 years and went to open an account with NSB since they were our bank of choice previously and we had no complaints. We feel that we have been treated like criminals. We wanted to open a business and personal account and gave them a check from a customer to deposit into the business account. They DID NOT verbally disclose to my husband or  me at the time that all checks are held for NINE BUSINESS days for the first thirty days, and then two business days thereafter.  It was the next day when my husband went back in to deliver a document to them that he was informed of this.  When he came back home and we discussed their 9 day policy, we decided that this was not the bank for us.  There were additional things we were not satisfied with so I called to cancel the opening of our account.  I was told that they could not return my funds to me since the check was processing.  The first person I spoke to told me that she would expedite it and I would have the funds in 24-48 hours.  That didn't happen.  So the next person I spoke to was the manager and she told me it would be nine business days.  She told me that if I "knew someone at BOA" which is where the check was drawn from, that would help.  I would think that SHE would know someone at that bank before I did.  Anyway, I am 60 years old and have had business and personal accounts at many banks along the years and I have NEVER had anyone hold a check for so long.  I have heard other people say that their bank had held a check that long but I have never personally had that experience.  The last bank we were with made the funds available to us the same day.  For all the years we have been in business, we have only had TWO customers who wrote us bad checks.  That's how wonderful our clientele are.  I believe they could have checked that out.
So we went to US Bank.  They were recommended by friends. (and NO I don't work at U.S. Bank).   I liked all of their policies and they release funds in 2 days at first, and then immediately when they see that our client's checks are consistently good.  I read bad reviews on this bank before I went in there and I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED!
 I am ALWAYS sorry when I don't heed the warning from the reviews!!!!!!!!!!
I think their corporate heads are GREEDY like so many other large corporations.

Poor Customer Service

Posted by: DrMike | Jun 19, 2012

After having the same account for 12 years all of a sudden there are problems.  First it was a rude teller at the Jones and Twain branch who would not make my deposit because she could not see the account has a dba.  I explained that I have been making deposits for 12 years to this account with no problems.  She got snooty and said she would make the deposit this time.  I called customer service and they want to make me jump through hoops?  I just opened my new business account at Chase.  NSB once had great service, now they are terrible!

Not Looking For Customers

Posted by: newbie1 | Feb 24, 2012

I opened up an account here after closing an account at Wells Fargo.

The account was closed the next day due to a "financial institution (Wells Fargo) reporting me to ChexSystems".

BEWARE this bank is part of the ChexSystem system.

Customer Service

Posted by: mover | Sep 28, 2011

If you open any accounts be very careful that when they tell you its done you may find out that its not have a checking and saving account the saving I was told would cover any overdraft and the account I was told was set that way. Well turns out its not after calling customer service speaking to a rep and her supervisor was told nope end of discussion. I needed to go to the branch that I opened the accounts did was told nope they are not you must have forgot yep the entire problem was me not that maybe I was not told that I needed to make the saving joint so they could be linked.naw they do not make any mistakes only the customers. Final word from all 3 including the branch was it was my mistake period if I don't like it to bad or move to another bank. That is what they call customer service  !