Parsons Federal Credit Union Reviews

This Little Credit Union Delivers!

This is a good little credit union that I find myself doing more business with as I get used to the way they operate. Friendly and experienced staff makes a great deal of difference in the way banking works and Parsons delivers those qualities in abundance. I joined Parsons a couple of months before this CD promotion was launched and I got my membership handled in 2 days and don't recall being on hold for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time. I am actually going to reach out to them tomorrow to open a CD so I am sort of dreading the call considering a couple of the reviews I read here. My hope is that they have managed to take care of the their staff shortages in the past few days.

Great Customer Service And Competitive CD Rates

It was a great experience working with the Customer Rep (Tiffany). She was very helpful and answered all my questions patiently and professionally to get my new account setup.

The only feedback I would like to give Parsons is - the process for opening an account is not entirely online. You submit the application online and wait for someone to contact/call you back personally. The process took about 2 week...I understand that their new CD product of 4% -13months is the culprit for delay here :) !!..After they recently eased up their Credit Union for opening new memberships nationally (not just local community members anymore), guess it's not an easy task for a small localized credit union to handle the application volume coming in at a national level especially with their new competitive CD product beating almost all other Banks/Credit Unions in the country. Handling the volume could have been better anticipated and planned for by Parsons - this could have helped with the 2 week wait time for opening new accounts.

I never called the Customer service myself (so cannot comment on call wait times)..it was the Customer rep who called me twice during the 2 week period to get verifications done and set up the account. It would be much better to have everything i.e the whole end-to-end process of setting up an account fully online with no manual processes and phone calls. Once the account is set up, their website has good features online compared to most other ‘Online only’ banks. They didn't do a hard pull of my credit, as mentioned by other reviewers.

Overall I had a positive experience with their great customer service over the phone (albeit, the understandable delay!) and of course their competitive CD rates :). I would definitely recommend to others. Hope they maintain their competitive rate for coming years.

Happy Overall

I’ve had good experiences with Parsons FCU so far. Customer service is very personable and friendly both in person and over the phone. Their rates are incredibly good, and they always come out with new products. A solid credit union overall!

Very Inefficient Process, Non Existent Customer Service

Opened an account -- had to call in several times to get the process completed. Was transferred back and forth to different people as no one knew how to handle.
Now I am trying to make a deposit and they only allow a limit of $5000 per month, in and out of the account!
Tried to call them and send emails asking what to do with larger deposits, and NO ONE responds.
Called in, and after 30 min on hold they say they cant take my call, to call back another time.
Cant believe a place like this can keep in business.

Shocked At The Terrible Customer Service, Attitude

I put in an application online more than a week ago to join Parsons FCU. I wanted to open a 12-month CD at their promo rate of 4.0%. I also would have opened a checking account, and of course, the required savings account.

I am eligible to join as a lifetime memebr of the American Consumer Council, although they did not provide me an opportunity to tell them I was already a members and for lifetime. Instead, I was merely able to join by clicking the option to join ACC.

By the following day after filing that application, I was notified by a service I use to monitor my credit reports that a hard pull had been done of my Expedia credit report, this by Parsons. Oh, great, they just dinged my credit rating.

I expected the account to be opened by the next day. No reason not to, I have a credit rating of about 850 on a 900 scale. Frankly, it should have been opened same day.

Well, to date, nine days after filling, I have not heard a word from them, no account has been opened. I have called in a few times over the week, I get CSRs who just say it takes time. I say no it doesn't, I've been opening bank and CU accounts for decades, it does not take 3, 4, 5+ days to open an account, in reality the application is just sitting on the side. They say no, they are working on it every day -- that is, they just make up any lie to tell you how they are slaving away to get it done. Geez! And every time I call, it is a long, long, long, long wait on hold waiting to get to someone.

I have gotten nowhere, I can't get them to let me talk with anyone in processing to even tell them that if they are waiting for ACC to respond after they put me in for a membership, I already am a memebr, no need to wait on ACC. I have told them my credit rating, obviously, that is not any reason to delay, I told them I was wanting to give the a large amount, please let me.

Nothing could get anything moving. Nothing could get me through to talk with the processors.

And nine days later, still nothing, not a word from them. I have spoken with CSRs, I have left messages, nothing. All I have gotten is a hard pull of my credit report, and so my credit rating dinged.

Meanwhile, I gave up on them, I took my money elsewhere, and at a better term. If this is how it is just trying to get started when they are trying to get my money, imagine what it will be like dealing with them once they have what they want, my money. No thanks.

I also noted their fee schedule -- watch out, they have high fees and for all sorts of things. They charge an annual fee to have their ATM card! No first order of check free here, liek at many CUs, they want $28 for that order.

I also see, they are looking to merge with Skyla FCU.

With this experience, I will NEVER consider any sort of dealings with that CU again. They will never get my business. And I cannot recommend that anyone deal with them. I wanted to give zero stars, or negative stars, but one star is as low as you can go.

Great People. Good Products. Top-Notch Service.

It seems that when I reach out to Parsons for any reason, I get to talk to people who have a good deal of banking knowledge and are eager to help. They normally have a good selection of products, especially when it comes to car loans. Their CD rates lately have been good too. All in all, Parsons is made up of a solid bunch of people trained and happy to serve the membership.