Technology Credit Union Reviews

Not Converting To A Bank (But Not That Great Either)

The credit union did try to convert to a bank a few years ago, and the membership resoundingly rejected it. However, the management stayed in place and members were unable to create change. I left some money on deposit, but I'm in the process of cleaning it and moving it from a savings account paying 0.05% APY to something much higher. By moving the savings to another institution, I'll be getting as much interest every month (1.00% APY) as I do in a year at Tech CU.

Rates aren't that great, and the web tools are antiquated. I'll probably keep the account because it's always worth staying a member, but it's definitely way down on the list of CUs that I recommend.

Dissatisfied With Customer Service

Posted by: lyndanni | Oct 12, 2012

I have been banking with Technology Credit union for a couple years and I am completely unsatisfied with the service.  I went to Tech CU to experience the higher interest rates and better customer service they advertise over larger banks. To date - I've seen neither.  Interest rates are low, holds on checks are longer than average, customer service hours on phone are lower and I've had multiple negative experiences with the in-bank personnel related to customer service.

Recently - they charged multiple overdraft fees on my checking account despite having thousands of dollars in the bank.  The prioritization of fees and charges over customer services is disheartening.  I think the move to be a bank has really changed the mindset of employees.  Stick with the bigger banks, you'd be surprised you'll get better service, better rates and lower fees!

Warning - Converting To A Bank

Posted by: de7ye | Oct 14, 2011

This CU is converting to a bank, which is not in the best interests of the members.

There is has been a link buried at the bottom of their website for several days. Their webpage has some content that is not secure -- so the bank conversion notice is hidden under Internet Explorer's "Only secure content is displayed" banner at the bottom of the page.  https://www.techcu.com/

Their email newsletter today doesn't mention the bank conversion.

Delays In Bill Payment

Posted by: Voodoocat | Apr 20, 2011

I had the exact same experience with the first reviewer, "Bad Experience"

My bill pay was also delayed, they claim to mail the check out on the 12th, and the morgage company got it on the 19th. TechCU will stonewall you in not standing by their guarantee. I will be moving to another CU as TechCU is not reliable. I don't trust them with my money.

Tech Cu Sucks!

Posted by: Anonymous | Feb 25, 2011

I have been with this bank for almost 12 years, and I noticed that the service is getting worse. I have some set-ups payment on some bills and and they are always trying to make us late, but the online was set up to the exact dates. They also are making a way to get over draft fees, and if you complain to them, forget about it. All in all, this bank is a technology rip off union. 0 stars. I'm transferring our money to a less greedy bank. Don't go to this bank, and they offer a lower loan even though you have high credit score.

Bad Experience

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 21, 2010

I've enrolled into their bill pay service for quite some time and haven't had any problems until recently as they stopped following the rules properly. my biggest payment is to the mortgage company and it seems lately they started sending the check too late: the problem happened twice already and the mortgage company charged me a late charges fee this last time. When I called and talked to credit union support, they told me, that even though I specified the date by which the check should be delivered, they only looking at when the bill is due, not when the grace period ends!!!

After 20 years of using their services, I'm no longer using their service. Should be Zero star.

Technology Credit Union

Posted by: Anonymous | Oct 2, 2010

I've been a customer for 20 years and had to take my business elsewhere as their service deteriorated in the last few years.

The interest on the checking and savings deposits are just the smallest in the industry.

What finally got me totally disgaced was the bill pay service, as they didn't pay my mortgage in time.

The irony is that they require you to submit the payment by the 1st of the month, not by the 16th, when it's still safe to pay without the penalty: that's more than half of the month free money:)

I submitted my complaint to the Better Business Bureau, but it's useless...

Should be a negative star, not even 1 star.