Vantage Credit Union Reviews

Credit Union or Bank?

Before I began banking with VCU (Vantage Credit Union) I didn't know how good the experience could be. From the time I set up my account there until today I have been only satisfied with my experience. When you have specific questions, you can walk in any time of day and set up a quick meeting. The tellers are always extremely friendly and happy to help out any way they can. They way they handle overdrafts is fantastic. They don't charge you money every time you overdraft. They are a fair Credit Union and put my previous bank experiences to shame.

Fee You To Death

I have not been happy with VCU for a while, but laziness with the thought of switching accounts kept me coming back. The final straw was when they changed the Over Draft Line of Credit Transfer fee ( for automated transfers ). For years the ODLOC was their selling point use your ATM card and if account is low we will transfer the money no fees...well now I see my account hammered with 3.00 fees to cover a small purchase, because the "AUTOMATED" process is very expensive ( sounds like 3 lines of code to me ), not to mention the interest on the Line of Credit. I want to thank you VCU for helping me get past being lazy and finally closing my account.

Leave This One

I was a member of VCU for 30 years. This year, they decided to start charging if your account isn't active enough. The only notification was through the webpage, no letters/email...

While there are ways to avoid the fee, most involve taking loans through the credit union. It is very easy to find better rates than their services and they just aren't competitive anymore.

Vantage is a Great Credit Union Who Works for Their Customers

My overall experience with Vantage Credit Union has been a very pleasant experience. I was having trouble getting an account at other banks/credit unions because of past things but they gave me a chance to improve on those things and allowed to give me an account. They don't have outrageous fees for overdrafting and they don't try to make extra money off of their customers like other banks do. In addition to great banking services, they offer all sorts of additional things, usually for free. They have a free notary service which I have needed to use on one occasion, saving me a few bucks and a lot of headache because it was so easy to use. They also offer discount tickets to events around the city like baseball games and tickets to the amusement park. Another thing they offer is a change machine so that you can convert all your coins into cash and there is no service fee to use it.

VCU Is BAD They Don't Deserve Even 1 Star

We have been members of VCU for 20 years! They were so bad we had to open another acount from a different bank because there were weekends when we couldn't get into our money without any warning. I couldn't use my atm nor my debit card. Then they started charging to use your debit card as a debit card. Now they are trying to take fees out of my account without any basis. I've had it with them and I'm done. They used to be a good CU. Not any more. The manager actually treated me like a child when I have an accounting background!!!

Pretty Good

Vantage Credit Union is very flexible. We have our car payment with them. They have excellent customer service and great deals for new customers. We haven't had any difficulties with them yet and recommend them to friends.

Commendable Credit Union

I have been a member of this credit union for a number of years, although they have ceased to serve a purpose for me in more recent times. While they do offer the same products that other credit unions offer, their customer service is lacking, and the representatives at the branches are not always the nicest of people. One tends to feel ignored when coming into the branch, and the friendliness of the company leaves a lot to be desired.

Warning!!!!!

worst bank ever!!!!! warning .... got a car loan from them they charged me a hi risk insurance policy be cause i did not show proof of insurance right away. $$$$600 after my insurance company called them and explained that there was no gap in my insurance they said it was too late and made me still pay. so i decided to refinance with a better bank and now they are making me jump through all kinda hoops to get a pay off and copy of title. they just put you on hold or when you get some one on the phone they tell you that they cant send it or some crap. i would like to mention how i got stuck with them in the first place, i bought a car from frank Leta Acura and they wouldn't use the bank i recommend . almost 8% interest on a used car when i have 780 credit???? i recommend Scott credit union 2.3% interest on same car... also the people at vantage are non educated on there policy and the law... warning don't get involved with them.. thanks scott .

Poor Communication

"Forget" vantage credit union. I lost a job because of them; they blocked my card, and didn't say anything. I couldn't get gas for my car or food for my child. They could have called or left me a message online in my inbox or something.