Deal Summary: $150 Convenience Checking bonus and $300 Premier Checking bonus.
TD Bank is again now offering its $150 Convenience Checking bonus and $300 Premier Checking bonus that are available exclusively online to new checking customers. The promotion page states the this is a “limited time offer,” but no end-date is mentioned.
$150 Convenience Checking Bonus
- Open a new Convenience Checking account online.
- Have at least $500 in cumulative Direct Deposits* within 60 days of account opening.
$300 Premier Checking Bonus
- Open a new Premier Checking account online.
- Have at least $2.5k in cumulative Direct Deposits* within 60 days of account opening.
*Qualifying direct deposits are recurring electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your Employer or the Government.
Person-to-Person and bank transfers between your TD Bank accounts or accounts you
have at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify.
- Available only online to new personal checking customers, defined as those “who do not have an existing or prior personal checking account at TD Bank.”
- One bonus per customer and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- After the Direct Deposit criteria is fulfilled, the bonus will be credited to the new checking account within 95 days of account opening.
- Checking account must be “open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus.”
Both checking accounts have monthly service fees ($15, Convenience Checking; $25, Premier Checking) that can be waived by maintaining a required minimum balance ($100, Convenience Checking; $2.5k, Premier Checking).
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, TD Bank’s market area includes Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia, and Vermont.
TD Bank, National Association has an overall health grade of "A"+ at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 4.81% (excellent), based on December 31, 2016 data. In the past year, TD Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $10.38 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 7.3%. Please refer to our financial overview of TD Bank, National Association for more details.
Founded in 1852 as the Penobscot Savings Bank in Bangor, Maine, TD Bank has gone through seven name changes, 29 acquisitions, and three headquarter relocations in the past 39 years. TD Bank is currently the eighth largest bank in the country, with assets in excess of $269 billion and more than 16.1 million customer accounts.
How the $150 and $300 Bonuses Compare
Assuming the required minimum balance is maintained for three months in a new Convenience Checking account to avoid the monthly service fee,
Assuming the required minimum balance is maintained for three months in a new Premier Checking account to avoid the monthly service fee,
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for TD Bank’s $150 or $300 checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.
The above rates are accurate as of 4/6/2017.