There are actually two separate bonuses: a $200 bonus when opening a new checking account with direct deposit and/or a $100 bonus when financing or refinancing an auto loan.
$200 Checking Account Bonus Requirements
- Establish WPCCU membership with a minimum $25 savings account deposit .
- Open any of three WPCCU checking accounts (Power, Apex, and Advantage checking).
- Within 90 days of account opening, have a monthly direct deposit of at least $1K from paycheck, pension, or government benefits.
- $25 minimum balance for 90 days must be maintained from date of deposit.
- Bonus will be deposited into the account following the completion of the above requirements.
- Only one bonus per account and only one new checking account per member during promotion.
- Not available to existing WPCCU checking account members, those with fiduciary accounts, or those with accounts that have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
$100 Auto Loan Bonus Requirements
- WPCCU account must be in good standing to receive $100 cash rebate and will be paid at loan funding
- Automatic loan payment must be setup from a WPCCU account or with another financial institution.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Water and Power Community Credit Union offers membership through a variety of ways.
Residency: Individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in a qualifying zip code, which includes much of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s service area.
Relationship: Immediate family members and household members of current WPCCU members are eligible.
Employment: Employees of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (and their family and household members) are eligible for membership.
SEGs: Employees of approximately 85 other SEGs qualify for membership.
Credit Union Overview
Water and Power Community Credit Union, has an overall health grade of "B+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 5.53% (excellent) based on September 30, 2015 data. In the past year, WPCCU has increased its total deposits by $21.05 Million, an excellent annual growth rate of 4.4%. Please refer to our financial overview of Water and Power Community Credit Union for more details.
Water and Power Community Credit Union (NCUA Charter # 68493) was originally established in 1936 for the benefit of the employees of the Department of Water and Power. In 2001, WPCCU’s charter was changed to a community credit union, expanding its field of membership to residents in the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s various service areas. WPCCU currently has more than 33,000 members and assets in excess of $552 Million.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Water and Power Community Credit Union’s $200 checking bonus or $100 auto loan bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.