As I mentioned before, you usually have to live near a branch to get one of these high interest CDs. I've included the city and state of the main branch so you can quickly determine if the deal is applicable to you. Note, many have branches in other cities, and credit unions may have other membership requirements besides location.
The best deal for longer term CDs is offered by the same credit union that had the best short term deal. It's a CD promo from Garden Savings Federal Credit Union. The APY is 5.38% for a 24 month CD. The credit union's main office is in Parsippany, New Jersey. Looks like its field of membership is primarily related to company affiliation.
As a comparison with national rates, the best 2 year CD listed at Bankrate.com is from Stonebridge Bank with an APY of 4.55%.
13 and 14 month CDs
- 4.37% - 14m, $500 min, Trenton, Illinois, Tempo Bank
- 4.25% - 13m, $2.5K min, Kenton, Ohio, Liberty National Bank
- 4.25% - 13m, $500 min, Gardner, Kansas, Gardner National Bank
- 4.14% - 14m, $2K min, Toledo, Ohio, Glass City Federal CU
15 Month CDs
- 4.57% - ? min, Burlington, Massachusetts, Milestone Federal CU
- 4.20% - $5K min, Madison, Wisconsin, Capitol Bank
- 4.16% - $5K min, Remer, Minnesota, Woodland Bank
18, 19 and 20 month CDs
- 4.50% - 19m, $500 min, Tampa, Florida, Community Bank of Manatee
- 4.30% - 20m, $500 min, Gardner, Kansas, Gardner National Bank
- 4.25% - 18m, $1K min, Wisconsin/Illinois, First Community CU
- 4.14% - 19m, $500 min, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, National Penn Bank
22, 23, and 24 month CDs
- 5.38% - 24m, $1K min, Parsippany, New Jersey, Garden Savings Federal CU
- 4.39% - 22m, $500 min, Lake Mills, Wisconsin, Bank of Lake Mills
- 4.35% - 23m, $500 min, Greenville, South Carolina, The Palmetto Bank
28 to 36 month CDs
- 4.55% - 36m, $1K min, Waterloo, Illinois, Commercial State Bank
- 4.49% - 28m, $500 min, Wessington Springs, South Dakota, American Bank & Trust
60 month CDs
- 5.25% - has bump up feature, $10K min, Fargo, North Dakota, Town & Country CU
- 4.58% - $1K min, Springfield, Illinois, Bank of Springfield (Not a great rate, but the name reminded me of the Simpsons :-)
Note, all rates were advertised on the institutions' websites as of Sept 15, 2005. For my list of national short-term CD deals, refer to my Deal Summary for Sept 10th.