- 4.07% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.25% on portion of balances above $25,000
- 0.05% base rate if qualifications are not met
- Refunds ATM fees up to $25 per cycle
- 12 Visa check card purchases
- One direct deposit or ACH debit
- maintain online banking
- Receive eStatements
Membership is open to anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Kennebec County or Somerset County. Also eligible are Maine State Employees. Please refer to the credit union's Become a Member page for the full details. Membership requires a minimum balance of $25 in the savings account.
Branches are located in Augusta and Waterville, Maine.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 3/31/09 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 63377).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.