Hudson City Savings Bank is offering some very competitive rates on its long-term internet CDs. Minimum deposit is $5,000. The following are the rates as listed on its internet accounts page as of 10/05/09:
- 2.50% APY 24 month
- 3.00% APY 36 month
- 3.25% APY 48 month
- 3.50% APY 60 month
I first reported on these internet accounts in February. I called the bank this morning to see if anything has changed. It appears to be the same. These internet accounts are available to people in any state. The application is provided by the Andera service which is common for online applications. Initial funding can be done by electronic ACH transfer.
Here are the CD features I was told by the CSR:
- $100,000 ACH deposit limit, no limit for mailing in a check
- Rate locks when the application is submitted
- You can specify up to 2 beneficiaries in the application. Additional ones can be added afterwards
- At maturity, ACH transfer and wire transfer are not options. CSR can transfer to an internal account or mail you a cashiers check
- Rates typically updated on Fridays
- The Internet Banking Department can be reached at 201-967-1900, Ext. 1887
- Early withdrawal penalty is 6 months of interest for terms of more than one year
- Grace period is 10 calendar days after the maturity date
Hudson City Savings Bank is a large bank with over $57 billion in assets and with 121 offices in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness continue to be strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial (based on 6/30/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 3/31/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1934 (FDIC Certificate # 13074).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned these CD rates in the bank deals hub page
Other Competitive Certificate of Deposit Rates