Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

UFB Savings Droped Yet Again From 0.95% Down To 0.90%. Switching To Mybankingdirect Or Amtrustdirect.

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:58 PMUFB Direct - Details
 I've had it with UFB Direct. It's like they are seeing how far their rates can go down before anyone cares. Anybody have any experience with My Banking Direct or AmTrust Direct. Thinking of opening a account over there. Maybe even Incredible Bank.
EnronLoveChunkEnronLoveChunk20 posts since
Oct 19, 2011
Rep Points: 67
1. Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 5:00 AM
I have a review of AmTrustDirect and its e-Money Market account in this February 3rd blog post.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,702
2. Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 8:09 AM
EnronLoveChunk:

I've had an account with Incredible Bank for some time now, and have been very pleased. They have kept their promise to keep their rates competitive, and when they drop rates, they do it once and stays at the new rate for some time (rather than drip, drip, drip . . .). Customer service is superior, when you call, you usually get a live representative immediately; if there is a wait at all, it is always short, about a minute or two. ACH is FAST, next business day for both incoming and outgoing transfers. A few months after having the account, they offered me a River Valley Bank Visa card with 0% interest for a year (I used it to pay my auto insurance premium for that year and for the purchase of my tombstone, and then took the year to pay off the balance in full, and earned rewards points too). While its rate is not presently as high as the two internet accounts being offered by New York Community Bank, if you opt to go with River Valley Bank's Incredible Bank division, I think you will be happy. I only hope that Incredible Bank can at least maintain the 1% threshold. Anyway, good luck to you!
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,281
3. Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 5:29 PM
Thanks for the fast reply KenBDG and Wil. Both of your reviews are what I was looking for. I decided to go with Incredible Bank. They seem the way to go as I would like next business day ACH transfer service, and if I don't like them I still have the option of Amtrust Direct or MyBanking Direct.
EnronLoveChunkEnronLoveChunk20 posts since
Oct 19, 2011
Rep Points: 67