- 3.25% APY on balances up to $20,000
- 0.90% APY on the portion of your balance above $20,000
- 0.10% base rate if requirements are not met
- Refunds your ATM fees nationwide
Monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- 1 Direct Deposit or automatic payment or make one credit card purchase
- Receive electronic statements
Additional features of this account include:
- $5 minimum initial deposit
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance
Membership is open to those who live, work, worship, or go to school in Cowlitz County, Washington. Refer to the credit union's about us page for more details.
Branches are located in the Washington cities of Longview, Kelso, Castle Rock, Woodland and Kalama.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 9/30/09 financial data. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 2191).
Other High-Yield Reward Checking Accounts
Fibre Credit Union is the first reward checking account that I've seen to include a credit card purchase as part of the monthly requirements. The debit card usage is still required, but the credit card purchase can be used to replace the direct deposit requirement.
Refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com to find reward checking accounts in your area or that are available around the nation.