Now through December 31, 2017, First National Bank (FNB) is offering a $150 bonus when opening a new Freestyle, Mystyle, Lifestyle, or Premierstyle checking account.
- Open a new checking account by December 31, 2017, using the promotional code, DIRECT17.
- Set-up and receive qualifying* Direct Deposit(s) that total at least $1.5k within 90 days of account opening.
- Checking account must be in good standing once the above conditions are met.
- Following the requirements being met, the $150 bonus will be credited to your checking account “on the next business day following the 90 days after account opening.”
*Qualifying Direct Deposit(s) “needs to be an electronic-type deposit, similar but not limited to, paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or other affiliated depositors."
- A $50 minimum deposit is required when opening a new checking account online.
- No minimum deposit requirement when opening a new checking account in-branch.
- Existing FNB checking accounts are not eligible for this bonus.
- There is a limit of one FNB checking bonus per household per calendar year.
- A $50 early closing fee will be assessed if the checking account is close within 180 days of opening.
FNB describes the Freestyle, Mystyle, Lifestyle, and Premierstyle checking accounts as “from no-frills to bells-and-whistles.” Of the four accounts, the Freestyle is probably the easiest account to maintain, as it has no monthly service fee, as long as eStatements are received, and no minimum balance requirement. FNB’s Compare Checking Accounts page shows a side-by-side comparison chart to better describe the difference between the various checking accounts.
|0.08*%||$100k||-||First National Bank of Pennsylvania||Premierstyle Checking|
|OTHER TIERS: 0.01% → $1k - $10k | 0.02% → $10k - $25k | 0.05% → $25k - $100k|
|0.01*%||$2,500||-||First National Bank of Pennsylvania||Lifestyle Checking|
Headquartered in Greenville, Pennsylvania, First National Bank of Pennsylvania’s market area is comprised of Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and West Virginia, including three major metropolitan areas (Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cleveland). With the recent acquisition of Yadkin Bank (NC), FNB has established a presence from the Outer Banks to the Cherokee National Forest.
Opening a new checking account and applying for the $150 bonus can be done online, using promo code DIGITAL17, or at any of 423 branches located in Maryland (33), North Carolina (97), Ohio (31), Pennsylvania (257), South Carolina (3), and West Virginia (2).
Want to sign-up at a branch?
Take a screenshot of this page or write down the promo code to receive the offer.
First National Bank has an overall health grade of "A+" rating at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 4.27% (excellent) based on March 31, 2017 data. In the past year, the Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $5.33 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 35.04%. Please refer to our financial overview of First National Bank (FDIC Certificate # 7888) for more details.
Established in 1864, First National Bank of Pennsylvania was known as the First National Bank of Mercer County (western Pennsylvania, bordering on Ohio) for its first 128 years. Starting with a change to its present-day name in 1992, the Bank began 25 years of expansion that included the acquisitions of 19 banks in Maryland, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. Today, First National Bank of Pennsylvania is the largest bank headquartered in Pennsylvania and 52nd largest bank in the county, with assets in excess of $30 billion and more than 1.13 million customer accounts.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for First National Bank’s checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.