Marketed as "Complete Control. Complete Access. Complete Banking.", it offers up to $200 in bonuses on new Complete Checking and Complete Checking Plus accounts.
Bonus Qualifying Requirements
- Direct Deposit - $100 for a recurring Direct Deposit of $250 or more. (Must be completed within 90 days of account opening.)
- Debit Card - $50 for five completed debit card purchases of at least $25 each. (Must be completed within 60 days of account opening.)
- Online Banking Bill-Payment - $50 for five completed online banking bill-payments of at least $25 each. (Must be completed within 60 days of account opening.)
- Not available to existing Flushing Bank checking customers, defined as "anyone who currently has or has had a Flushing Bank checking account within the last 24 months."
- Offer limited to one Complete Checking or Complete Checking Plus account per household.
- Complete Checking account minimum opening deposit is $25, while the Complete Checking Plus account requires a $100 minimum opening deposit.
- Opening deposits must be new money.
- No minimum balance required to be eligible for the Bonus.
- Bonuses will be credited to the checking account on or about the end of the month following the completion of the qualifying transactions.
Flushing Bank has branches located throughout the New York City metropolitan area (including Long Island), and offers its services and products to U.S. residents, 18 years or older, in New York State and New Jersey.
Applying for the "Complete Control. Complete Access. Complete Banking." $200 bonus can be done online, or with an in-person visit at any of 19 New York branches located in Queens (9), Brooklyn (5), Manhattan (2), and Nassau County (3).
Flushing Bank (FDIC Certificate # 58564) has an overall health rating of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 5.89% (excellent), as of December 31, 2015. Flushing Bank increased its total deposits by $381.84 Million in the past year, an excellent annual growth rate of 10.86%. Please refer to our financial overview of Flushing Bank for more details.
Flushing Bank was established in 1929 as the Flushing Savings Bank in the Borough of Queens, New York. After 80 years of growth in size and scope, the Bank was renamed in 2010. With assets in excess of $5.7 Billion, it is the 20th largest bank in New York State and the 179th largest bank in the nation.
How the $200 Bonus Compares
Since this is an incremental bonus, a comparison using all the variables quickly becomes messy, so I have chosen to focus on the $100 portion of the bonus. Therefore, assuming a fee-free Complete Checking account is opened with the required minimum $25 deposit and the required minimum of $250 in direct deposit:
- $275 for 120 days in a Complete Checking account = $100 bonus
- $275 for 120 days in a savings account earning 1% = $0.91
The above rates are accurate as of 4/8/2016.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Flushing Bank’s $200 checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.