Earlier this year, Flushing Bank offered a $200 bonus on new Complete Checking and Complete Checking Plus accounts. That bonus is available again and Flushing Bank has added a $300 bonus on new Complete Checking Premier accounts.
$200 Bonus Qualifying Requirements
- Direct Deposit - $100 for a recurring Direct Deposit of $250 or more. (Must be completed within 90 days of account opening.)
- Debit Card - $50 for five completed debit card purchases of at least $25 each. (Must be completed within 60 days of account opening.)
- Online Banking Bill-Payment - $50 for five completed online banking bill-payments of at least $25 each. (Must be completed within 60 days of account opening.)
- Not available to existing Flushing Bank checking customers, defined as "anyone who currently has or has had a Flushing Bank checking account within the last 24 months."
- Offer limited to one Complete Checking or Complete Checking Plus account per household.
- Complete Checking account minimum opening deposit is $25, while the Complete Checking Plus account requires a $100 minimum opening deposit.
- Opening deposits must be new money.
- No minimum balance required to be eligible for the Bonus.
- Bonuses will be credited to the checking account on or about the end of the month following the completion of the qualifying transactions.
At the risk of sounding like a television infomercial – “But wait, there’s more.” Flushing Bank is opening a new location and as part of the celebration, any new Complete Checking Plus account will earn 1.00% for the first 90 days when opened in-branch at any location.
At the end of this 90 day period the annual percentage yield will revert to 0.35% for daily account balances between $5,000 to $49,999 and 0.45% for daily account balances of $50,000 or greater.
A daily balance of $5k is required to avoid the $10 monthly maintenance fee. Should the daily balance fall below $5k, “the interest rate paid on the entire balance in your account will be 0.15% APY.”
Best of all, the $200 Bonus and the 90-day guaranteed 1.00% are NOT mutually exclusive.
$300 Bonus Qualifying Requirements
The requirements and limitations for the $300 Complete Checking Premier account bonus are the same as for the $200 Bonus, with the following exceptions:
- Direct Deposit - $200 for a recurring Direct Deposit of $500 or more. (Must be completed within 90 days of account opening.)
- Complete Checking Premier account minimum opening deposit is $500.
- A daily balance of $50k is required to avoid the $10 monthly maintenance fee.
Flushing Bank has branches located throughout the New York City metropolitan area (including Long Island), and offers its services and products to U.S. residents, 18 years or older, who live in New York State and New Jersey.
The 90-day rate guarantee for newly opened Complete Checking Plus accounts must be applied for in-branch.
Flushing Bank (FDIC Certificate # 58564) has an overall health rating of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 4.48% (excellent), as of September 30, 2016. Flushing Bank increased its total deposits by $316.44 million in the past year, an excellent annual growth rate of 8.48%. Please refer to our financial overview of Flushing Bank for more details.
Flushing Bank was established in 1929 as the Flushing Savings Bank in the Borough of Queens, New York. After 80 years of growth in size and scope, the Bank was renamed in 2010. With assets in excess of $6 billion, it is the 20th largest bank in New York State and the 182nd largest bank in the nation.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for Flushing Bank’s checking bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.