High-Yield Reward Checking Account at PriorityOne Bank in MS - Local Only
PriorityOne Bank is offering a high-yield rewards checking account with the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.50% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.10% base rate if requirements are not met
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds
Monthly requirements include:
- 10 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit, automatic payment or bill pay post to your account
- Access online banking
- Receive electronic statements
Additional account features include:
- $50 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free online bill pay
- Up to a $25 new-account bonus when you turn over checks and debit cards from your old bank
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Mississippi cities of Collins, Seminary, Hattiesburg, Brandon, Pearl, Richland, Pelahatchie, Magee, Mendenhall and Morton.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 5 stars (superior) at BauerFinancial (based on 12/31/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 9/30/09 data). The bank has been a FDIC member since 1975 (FDIC Certificate # 21906).
Thanks to the reader who emailed me news of this reward checking account.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
If you live in the Southeast US, but you don't live near one of the above Mississippi cities, check out BancorpSouth Bank and its reward checking account (see my account review). It has branches throughout MS and in several other southern states.
To find nationally available reward checking accounts and reward checking accounts in your local area, please refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com.