- 5.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 15 Visa check card purchases (credit-based)
- Maintain a valid email address
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- ATM fee refunds
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Iowa cities of Bettendorf, Davenport and Moline.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are above average: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data. The bank has been a FDIC member since 1994 (FDIC Certificate # 33867).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.