Community Bank is offering a reward checking account with the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 3.01% APY on balances up to $35,000
- 1.01% APY on balances over $35,000
- Refunds all ATM fees nationwide
- 15 debit card purchases
- Receive e-statements (paper statements mailed for $3 per statement)
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
The bank has been FDIC insured since 1964 (FDIC Certificate # 19143).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
Community Bank's rate and balance cap are competitive for reward checking accounts. The downside is the required 15 debit card purchases a month. Most reward checking accounts only require 10. It seems like this number has gone up with new reward checking accounts over the last six months.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
10/29/09: 3.01% APY (as shown on front page in rotating flash image)
05/26/09: 4.01% APY up to $35K; 1.01% over