Ask a question

Ask The Community

Latest Questions

Potential Federal Reserve Twist
Posted by: mvbosch  |   4 votes  |  2 answers
Please comment on this train of thought:  Under the Twist program being considered, the Federal Reserve would sell some of its inventory of short term (0-5 years) treasur... read more
Retirement Savings: How To Draw The Max (Safely)
Posted by: WhataBummer  |   2 votes  |  0 answers
From CNNMoney "What's the most I can pull from savings each year without running short of money later in life?" It's the single most frequent question I get from retirees and near ... read more
Which Banks Or Credit Unions Accept Non-Resident Aliens?
Posted by: viking  |   1 vote  |  0 answers
Does anyone know which Banks or Credit Unions accept Non-resident Aliens (NRA)?... read more
CNNMoney's Best Banks Of 2011
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   2 votes  |  0 answers
CNNMoney gallery gives its choices for the best banks in 7 categories. Its choices of Ally Bank and Alliant Credit Union make sense. I'm not sure of the others. What do you think? ... read more
Has There Been Any Word On Fort Knox Retroactive Change Of Early Withdrawal?
Posted by: me1004  |   3 votes  |  1 answer
We've been waiting a couple months now since the regulators said they would have a decision "soon" about Fort Knox FCU's retroaction change to the early withdrawal penalty on CDs, ... read more
OMG, The 10 Year Just Went Below 2.5%
Posted by: Bozo  |   4 votes  |  9 answers
Who would have thought the 10 year Treasury would trade right around Alliant's 4-year CD?   Folks, this is getting downright ugly.   Bozo... read more
What Are Your Thoughts On The Noise From DC?
Posted by: Bozo  |   7 votes  |  3 answers
I decided the best thing to do was . . . nothing. I guess if everything goes to heck in a handbasket, dollars will still be dollars. So, then my wife will think I'm a genious for h... read more
Credit Card Conundrum
Posted by: WhataBummer  |   3 votes  |  0 answers
From Adaptu: Money Management If you are anything like me, your mailbox is likely stuffed with credit card offers, many promising "rewards" points, "bonus" miles, or just plain cas... read more
IRA CD's - And Early Withdrawl Penalty
Posted by: bobert  |   2 votes  |  4 answers
I understand that SOME financial institutions may waive the early withdrawl on an IRA CD if the customer is over 59 1/2. Does anyone (?KEN) know if any of the larger ones mention... read more
Ally Bank "Upgrade"?
Posted by: Mike  |   3 votes  |  2 answers
Maybe some of the things discussed here (Kens site), like picture deposits are arriving?  I really don't know, but while logged in, there is a message: Banking with Ally is ge... read more
Is It Safe To Bank Online?
Posted by: WhataBummer  |   5 votes  |  0 answers
Last week's security breach at Citibank was just the latest in a string of incidents that have rattled consumers: Sony, Lockheed Martin, and iTunes are also among recent high-profi... read more
Another Bank Increasing Fees On Existing CDs
Posted by: me1004  |   10 votes  |  4 answers
Another poster today started a thread about US Bank increasing (and maybe even first implementing) an annual fee on a 5-year IRA CD. (I am including his post at the bottom of this.... read more
Close Or Keep Open A Rewards Checking Account When Rate Drops?
Posted by: 767  |   8 votes  |  8 answers
I have at least two RCA accounts whose rates have dropped significantly. I've moved most of my money out of these accounts and transferred them to others paying better rates. These... read more
IRA CD Early Withdrawal Penalty
Posted by: bbug  |   4 votes  |  4 answers
I've been told by banks on numerous occasions that, since I'm over 59 1/2, there is no early withdrawal penalty for partial or full withdrawals, but I'm leery. Can anyone confir... read more
Closing A Trust CD Account At Keydirect
Posted by: Teacher  |   1 vote  |  0 answers
I have a couple of CD's at Key Direct in my living trust.  They do not mature for several years.  I received letters last year stating that I would have to provide a cert... read more
CD POD Beneficiary Learns Of CD 10 Years After Death Of Owner
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  3 answers
The reader gleebeck had posted the following comment. I've moved this post to its own thread. SAFE DEPOSIT box opened after 10 years, found $5K CD maturing in '96, payable on death... read more
Anyone Know Of A Rewards Checking Without ACH Deposit Requirement?
Posted by: ges74  |   3 votes  |  3 answers
Apologize if this question has already been asked...I am self employed performing project based work (read: income some months, no income other months) which makes it difficult for... read more
Percentage Of Stocks In Your Portfolio?
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   4 votes  |  4 answers
The rule of thumb says the percentage of stocks one should own equals 100 minus your age. This CNNMoney.com article discusses this topic with some reasons why people may want to be... read more
Evans Bank - Hamburg, NY
Posted by: ptbreeze  |   3 votes  |  1 answer
Hi Ken,  Evans Bank in western NY and their Better Checking product seems to have fallen off your radar.  I was wondering if you could tell me why?... read more
QE3 On The Way?!
Posted by: me1004  |   8 votes  |  2 answers
Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart says oil prices might require the Fed to institute a new round of quantitative easing -- QE3: Federal Reserve's Lockhart: Oil shock could le... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.