Ask a question

Ask The Community

Latest Questions

BP Chase Rebate Special
Posted by: darkdreamer4u  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
Just got this in the mail labeled as 'An exclusive offer for BP Visa® best customers': 2% rebates on groceries, home improvement, utilities and drugstores from 7/1-8/31/10. Tha... read more
A Nationwide CU That Accepts Deposzip (Or Something Similar)?
Posted by: iamlost26  |   2 votes  |  0 answers
If you're familiar with DeposZip, it's an iPhone/Android app that allows you to take a picture of a check with your phone to deposit your checks. Apparently only CUs are allowed to... read more
I Can't Find The Recent Blog Post About Citibank Converting Cards To No Pre
Posted by: Anonymous  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
I can't find the recent blog post about Citibank converting cards to no pre-set limit World Mastercards, so I post my experience here (maybe you can move it to where it belongs? ;-... read more
There Is A Recent Specific Example Which May Have Prompted Mary's Comments
Posted by: Anonymous  |   0 vote  |  0 answers
There is a recent specific example which may have prompted Mary's comments. Someone noticed that the field of membership for Garden Savings FCU in NJ included those who worship in ... read more
Mary, Have No Idea What You Are Talking About
Posted by: 51hh  |   6 votes  |  0 answers
Mary, Have no idea what you are talking about.  Once a membership is obtained through normal channels, what liability are you talking about??  Why would a CU employee be... read more
I'm Not Clear Where This Discussion About Credit Union Membership Is Coming From
Posted by: me1004  |   4 votes  |  0 answers
I'm not clear where this discussion about credit union membership is coming from. Have people found they are able to join without really fulfilling the membership rules, such as cl... read more
Best Nationwide 6-Month CD Rates - Worthwhile?
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  0 answers
It's hard to believe that a 1.50% APY is a top 6-month CD rate. That is in fact the top 6-month rate at our 6-month CD rate table. Both Connexus Credit Union and RiverLand FCU are ... read more
I Was Wondering If Anyone Had Any Experience With Opening A CD And Funding It With A Credit Card
Posted by: Anonymous  |   2 votes  |  0 answers
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with opening a CD and funding it with a credit card?  North American Savings Bank accepts credit cards on line to fund a new CD.&n... read more
When is an annuity worth it? [CNNMoney.com]
This CNNMoney.com article has a useful review of immediate annuities along with their pros and cons.... read more
Credit Cards vs Debit Cards - How to Decide?
If you regularly pay off your credit card balance, there are many reasons to choose credit over debit. This CNNMoney.com article reviews several of these reasons. If it wasn't for ... read more
Best Savings and Money Market Accounts Available Nationwide
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
There continues to be 5 banks that offer savings accounts available nationwide with rates of around 2.00% as of 4/28/10. However, all but one have a limit on the amount that can qu... read more
I Apologize If This Is A Dumb Question But
I apologize if this is a dumb question but... what is an "account" when it comes to NCUA and credit unions? If I have 2 share certificates for $250k each under a single credit unio... read more
Have You Seen the New Health Tabs at DepositAccounts.com?
For each bank that we follow, we have a rates and reviews page for that bank or credit union. One of the tabs on this page covers the health of the institution. In addition to the ... read more
Unusually High CD Rates Advertised in Your Paper?
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   4 votes  |  0 answers
As I was looking for CD deals in newspaper ads this Sunday, I came across a few ads that list very high short-term CD rates. However, the ads are not from banks or credit unions. E... read more
Inflation Risk Mitigation - Usefulness of Gold?
Brad at BestCashCow has a useful discussion on how to mitigate inflation risk in your portfolio. He makes the claim that gold may not be as good of an inflation hedge as many belie... read more
I Keep Checking Bankrate
Posted by: Anonymous  |   3 votes  |  0 answers
I keep checking Bankrate.com for a new rating on Alliant Credit Union but they still are showing the same rating based on September 2009 data even though it's the middle of April 2... read more
COMMENTS RE
COMMENTS RE:  AMERICA'S CREDIT UNION IN WASHINGTON STATE. I opened some bump-up certificates at 5% in Oct 2008;  the agreement was that one would be able to add to ... read more
Is Anyone Familiar With A Savings Vehicle Known As The Peter Newmann Investment Club
Posted by: Anonymous  |   0 vote  |  0 answers
Is anyone familiar with a savings vehicle known as the Peter Newmann Investment Club? The info at the organization's web site describes this savings account as one for which f... read more
Credit Card Reward Points - How to Maximize
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
How do you use your cash back credit cards to maximize your rewards? This post at the Not Made of Money Blog has a few useful but generic tips.... read more
Is Fort Knox Credit Union Better Deal Than Ally Bank As Far As Early Withdrawl Penalty Is Concern
Posted by: Anonymous  |   1 vote  |  0 answers
Is fort knox credit union better deal than ally bank as far as early withdrawl penalty is concern?They have 90 days of interest penalty and if u go go with 5 years with  100k ... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.