Start a conversation

Miscellaneous

Latest Discussions

Ken, Thanks Much
Posted by: 51hh  |   4 votes  |  0 comments
Ken, Thanks much, be glad to help; yes, I have verified both of the missing banks (First American - NM, Corolina Premier - NC lately that they still offer 5% APY. On the n... read more
@51Hh Thanks For Letting Us Know About The Banks That Have Disappeared From The List
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   4 votes  |  0 comments
@51hh Thanks for letting us know about the banks that have disappeared from the list. We want to keep the rate table accurate, and we're able to do that fairly automatically (excep... read more
It Seems Schwab Pulled Their Credit Card From Accepting New Members
Posted by: Quovatis  |   5 votes  |  0 comments
It seems Schwab pulled their credit card from accepting new members.  I don't see it listed anywhere on the main site anymore.  If I log into my regular account, it does ... read more
Protect yourself from a double-dip recession [CNNMoney]
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
Money Magazine editor gives general advice to a retired couple about investing when the husband has fears of a double-dip recession. The editor doesn't discuss CDs, but he does men... read more
Two Banks (With Rcas) Disappeared From Your List Today (
Posted by: 51hh  |   4 votes  |  0 comments
Two banks (with RCAs) disappeared from your list today (??): Corolina Premier Bank (5% APY) First American Bank (NM) (5% APY) FYSA.... read more
Thanks Ken
Posted by: Anonymous  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
Thanks Ken.  I had not visited Notices Section.  Indeed, it is a useful component of the Deposit Accounts website.  I will navigate around a bit more to gain familia... read more
Learning about Your Credit Score
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  2 comments
Mike at Personal Finance Ninja has a useful post called Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Your Credit Score. It's probably not everything you'll want to know, but there are ... read more
Thanks Shareone And 51Hh For Your Candid Feedback
Thanks Shareone and 51hh for your candid feedback. I'm sure our recent comment problems didn't help any. We do have plans for a discussion board to replace this thread. Let us know... read more
To Me, The Site Is Ok
Posted by: 51hh  |   5 votes  |  0 comments
To me, the site is ok.  The pro for the new site is the (additional) overall list (U.S.) for rewards checking accounts (which is my primary interest for this site).  The ... read more
Three Weeks Into The New Website
Posted by: Anonymous  |   7 votes  |  0 comments
Three weeks into the new website.  What do you think?  Miss the original recipe just a little?  Me too.... read more
Another Loss of a 5% Reward Checking Account: Guaranty Bank in Missouri
Guaranty Bank has cut the top rate of its reward checking account from 5.00% to 4.00% APY for balances up to $30K. Refer to my Guaranty Bank reward checking review for more details... read more
Schwab Bank Rates Fell
Posted by: Quovatis  |   3 votes  |  0 comments
Schwab bank rates fell: High Yield Investor Checking: from 0.75% to 0.60% High Yield Savings:  from 1.05% to 0.75%... read more
Sorry About The Commenting Problems
Sorry about the commenting problems. There was a bug in the system. It should now be fixed.... read more
4.25% 7-Year CD to 2.00% 1-Year CD Continues at Montauk CU in New York City - Local Only
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  1 comment
Montauk Credit Union continues to offer some very competitive CD rates as if 1/19/2010 including a 2.50% APY 24-month CD and a 3.75% APY 5-year CD. It's a small credit union that r... read more
Banking Guy
Posted by: me1004  |   2 votes  |  0 comments
Banking Guy,   I have been having GREAT, IMPOSSIBLE difficulty posting to this thread since you went to this site. Immediately above is a VERY RARE exception. I normally g... read more
The U.S. Option For RCA Disappeared
The U.S. Option for RCA disappeared, please recover it ASAP.  TIA.... read more
Popular Category Installment Savings Accounts (On Theright) Is Not Linked To Any Posts
Popular category Installment Savings Accounts (on the right) is not linked to any posts... read more
Why Have You Decided To Separate Saving Accounts And Money Market Accounts
Posted by: Anonymous  |   2 votes  |  0 comments
Why have you decided to separate Saving Accounts and Money Market accounts?  I don't see the benefit of having two lists to look at to find the best savings rate.... read more
Can We Get An RSS Feed For The Blog That Contains NO "Local Only" Posts
Can we get an RSS feed for the blog that contains NO "local only" posts?... read more
Position Of Comments Icon
Posted by: cumulus  |   4 votes  |  1 comment
Position of Comments icon? Could you return the Comments icon back to the end of an article? To me the time at which you want to read or leave a comment is when you are posi... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.