Alaska USA Credit Union Reviews

Special Credits Department

I have breast cancer, stage 3. I just had 5 mo. Of chemotherapy, bi lateral mastectomies, and am doing chemotherapy again since February. I got stuck with a boat in a divorce from a physically violent man. I stayed current on my vehicle and boat loans until last January. I informed special credits of my situation and lack of money. I let them come and repossess the boat for auction. It has not been auctioned yet. They just sent me notice, dated 4 days after repossession, that they are going to enforce a cross collateralization policy and if I do not pay what remains on the boat they will repossess my vehicle. Thank you for treating me like this with knowing my situation. I am not trying to get something for free, I just need to make my co payments for chemotherapy and prescriptions, etc. I am working as much as I can and I am raising a child and not receiving any child support or court ordered restitution. Please come take my vehicle next month, thiswill really help me to get to the doctor, work and school for my child. Boy do I appreciate your humanity. Thanks for the added stress, I really need this when I'm sick every single day. I have nothing left to lose. Come get my source of transportation you inconsiderate people. Thanks for all the help when I called several times to try to work something out. You are not kind people. Sometimes really bad things happen to people that are unexpected. I never thought I would have to face the possibility of my death at my age with a child in elementary school. I am venting for my own mental health. Thank you (sarcastically), for your unwillingness to work with a customer who had never missed a payment since august 2007, I believe my life is more important at this time. Come get my vehicle and put me in a horrible predicament. I will never recommend your company to anyone, ever.

Pam H. Ida L. In Special Credits Were Rude, Uncompromising, Disrespectful, And Engage In Improper Conduct.

Overall, Alaska USA has excellent customer service and I had an account there for over 10 years and was always impressed, but what Special Credits did with respect to the sale of my used car was outrageously wrongful and they should be ashamed of themselves; they interferred with my sale and caused me to lose a substantial amount of money, they actually communicated with the purchaser of the vehicle and the net result was that I received less than I could have. In addition, they would not give me an additional week to sell it and were threatening and generally nasty and rude. These types of actions caused me to close my accounts. I would not advise anyone to get a vehicle loan or other loan at Alaska USA FCU. Shop around!

Open To Residents Of San Bernardino County

Per phone agent, open to residents of San Bernardino County.

DO NOT PUT CASH IN THE ATM!!!!

I made a check and cash deposit in the ATM at the Apply Valley branch on Friday January 18, 2013. The machine posted that it was not able to process the cash transaction and did not return my money. I immediately went into the branch and spoke with a teller who had the manager assist her in filing a dispute. I gave them the exact denomination and what bills I had placed into the machine. I was told that it would be resolved in 3 business days. The following week I contacted member services and was told that the dispute was misfiled and that it would take up to 10 days from her receiving the dispute. My dispute was not expedited even though it was their mistake in sending the dispute to the wrong department. That alone got the resolution process with her off on the wrong foot! I was told that an outside servicer does the money pickups and maintenance on the machines once a week. The following week I received a credit for half of the amount that I deposited as they said that it was all that they found.  I have talked to several employees and been given different information each time.  The person in the dispute department has been frustrating to work with. It seems like she doesn't believe me so she is not trying to resolve the problem. I have already proven that the machine did not work properly. I think they should also look into the service that checks the machines. The money was put in the machine and now it is gone! Someone should be held accountable.

Long story short, it is 3 weeks later and I still have not recevied the rest of my money.  I asked the person handling the dispute how she would feel if this had happened to her? She told me that she does not use ATMs! WOW, that is assuring! I was with Bank of America for nearly 20 years and only had ATM banking and never had a problem with their machines. Now I have to go into the bank to do deposits because I no longer trust Alaska USAs  ATM machines! This has been a major inconvenience and I am now late paying bills because of the missing money. I am going to be filing complaints with agencies to get this resolved and closing my account.

New Mortgage Subservice Partner

My husband and I have had an account with Alaska USA since the early 70's and pretty much been satisfied with everything. Sept 2011 Alaska USA notified us that they were switching our Mortgage loan servicing from Landsafe Servicing to Central Loan Admin & Reporting. With Landsafe I could auto send my monthly payment from Alaska USA and any additional monies would be applied to the principle and I could also use their auto calculator and see if we paid so and so more each month when our loan would be paid off. Central Loan Admin. CANNOT take an auto payment sent from my Alaska USA and apply towards my monthly payment and any extra money apply to the principle. They can only do this if I fill out a paper form so they can withdraw a set amount each month which is not good since I am not sure we can make the same extra principle payment each month. So it is now July 2012 and I auto paid my July payment from Alaska USA online site and mailed in a check for the extra principle besides with a note to apply to the principle. Which they did not. They paid my August 2012. I called and the agent said she would take care of it. She didn't. She applied an extra payment and an extra interest charge of $70.19 besides the already $74.17 of my July payment. So I made another call today and this person says she will take care of it. So in other words I have been trying to get Central Loan Admin to charge my acct correctly for 10 months with no satisfaction.

The lady I talked to today asked if I would like to take the survey; management listens to the surveys and cares to correct problems. I told her I had taken the survey several times and all it asks is how was your agents attitude and was he/she able to fix your problem never what is the problem. I also told her that Centrals mortgage calculator stinks and cannot calculate if you should wish to make additional payments.

Alaska USA your new Mortgage Subservice Partner sucks.

Staff Experience

I bank at the northgate branch in Seattle. I find the turn over in the staff at the bank to be exceptionally high. Consequently when dealing with things like opening an IRA or CD, I have gotten in new teller each time and only one time out of 4 did the teller know exactly what to do, however she left. It seems like once they ge4t some experience they move on. If you're not paying attention and know what the fial outcome should be, mistakes will be made. Perhaps the turnover problem is related to the branch being open 7 days a week. I would rathe they only open five and a half days and keep their employees. Everyone is alway friendly but inexperienced

TERRIBLE!!!!!YOU're BETTER OFF WITH USAA!!!

As Military my husband and I were really excited to be receiving such a low APR on our car loan only to find out in the long run, they are NOT Military friendly! Although it is easy to make a one-time payment online, there are a million steps to actually use their online banking! They don't understand what BEING DEPLOYED MEANS and will not recognize nor honor the SPECIAL POWER OF ATTORNEY I gave to my sister so she could pay the auto loan, as getting online to do this myself is not a luxury I have!

Then I needed to add my husband to the account so he can make payments too and we sent in all of the paper work and nothing ever happened! I called several times to follow up and they received the paper work but he was never added to the account. They insured me that I could do the same with my sister but then what was the point of a special power of attorney?!? If they could not honor it the first time what makes them think I have enough faith to waste my time to give it a second shot? FOOLS!

Online banking, oooooo I get a checking and saving account just for having an auto loan - IT IS NOT WORTH IT! The Lower APR is NOT WORTH IT, I should have gone to USAA and when I go home on leave I am refinancing to GET AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE from this worthless institution! GO USAA, they will do ANYTHING to accommodate your needs, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A SERVICE MEMBER!

Ida L And Special Credits Department Are Terrible!

Long story short I am in sales and backed up on cash paying 700 a month in child support and my other bills no matter what I make (which is next to nothing in AZ now where I live to be with my daughter. I always paid them on time and I am a few months behind on my loan account. I had a relative deposit cash into my checking only to find out they closed my debit card because I didn't pay a totally different account.. Okay so I explain to them my situation how I am stuck without gas and ask if I could write myself a check to get the money out, the man said yes. I asked if the check would bounce if I wrote it right now for the amount in there, if they were going to take any of my money fr there, the man said no. A few hours later... 60 bucks gone, just listed as "Withdrawl". I call special credits and complain, Lisa is my rep and she says she doesn't see me asking that in the notes, I asked to listen to it and she had her supervisor Ida do so and call me. Ida claims he answered my question with correct verbiage and I asked to listen to it to prove to me and she said no. I know how I worded the question and she was covering for him for lying, she wasn't helping me and said "this conversation can end at any time" when I was still trying to get it resolved.... Very very unethical and poor customer service. Ridiculous that they are so disrespectful to the people who make up the bank and are walking reviews and recommendations.

PREDATORY LENDER BEWARE OF THEM

BEWARE OF THEIR PREDATORY LOAN PRACTICES - BRANCH SAID I WAS PAID UP TO IGNORE CALLS - ANCHORAGE LOAN DEPT DEFAULTED MY LOAN YEARS EARLY!!!!!

Dont Bank With Them

This is the worst bank ever, dont waste your time and money. Bank elsewhere.

Service Sucks

Their customer service stinks! I was already approved for a home loan through another banks, but wanted to see if i could get a better rate through Alaska USA. Without even looking at my tax return the lady said " good luck." She didn't even look into my veteran home loan. I wouldn't not recommend Alaska USA to anyone.

Amazing Service

My credit union, Alaska USA, has amazing service. Recently we had an issue with someone making a fake copy of our card and attempting to use it. Before we even knew there was a problem they had called us to inform us. They walked us through the steps to recover our money. This made me very grateful to them for their fast methods in identifying wrongful use. Alaska USA also has fantastic hours. They have many branches and most are open on Saturday. They even have some open on Sunday. This is extremely helpful when we're trying to deal with things on a weekend. Alaska USA has been a great credit union to us, meeting our needs for checking, savings as well as car loans and other loans. They have great rates. Their online banking option is also extremely beneficial to me. I pay almost all our bills that way as well as my loans through them are easy to pay with transferring the money. I really appreciate having a wonderful credit union in Alaska USA.