Fort Knox Federal Credit Union Reviews

Friendly

I have been apart of this credit union for years. They are very friendly and helpful. They take care of all of my needs.

Does Not Offer ACH

Does not offer ACH - you must wire in money and they charge $3 for incoming wires.  Outgoing wires are $12.  Reduces their APY somewhat.  Not great service in my opinion.

Can Not Get Anyone To Answer The Phone

I had a CD mature recently and sent Fort Knox a fax telling them not to roll it over, to send me a check, and to please let me know they got the fax by phone, fax, or e-mail. I never received anything from them so I've been trying to call them for the past 3 days and can not get anyone to answer the phone, have held for up to 30 minutes each time. I went to their FB page and asked them to call me, no response. I went to their e-mail on web page and asked them to contact me, still no response. After this CD I have one left with them and will NEVER do business with them again. If anyone can tell me how to reach them I'd appreciate it.

Fort Knox Service And Lowering Rates

Dealing with Fort Knox has been extremely frustrating.

I sent them a check to open a CD at the 3.05 promotional rate. It has been a week and they say they still did not receive my check. BTW a check I sent the same day to a NYC bank was received and the CD opened. Meanwhile, Fort Knox has lowered its rate 2 times (yes 2 times!!) since I mailed my check. Thanks for nothing Fort Knox!!

Opened The 60 Month CD With No Problems At All

Opened the 60 month CD with no problems at all.  Michelle (CSR) was very attentive and efficient.  I was able to deposit at a local credit union (they all seem to be part of a large network, and Michelle told me where there was a local "sister branch") with no problems, and even though they had lowered the rate to 3 percent, they honored their committment to the higher rate.  Am able to see everything on line.

Super Customer Service

I experienced great customer service and support while resently opening a 59 month CD with Fort Knox.

Making a deposit at a local CU Service Center was exactly the same as if I were at one of  the Fort Knox Branch offices.

Their on-line website is simple to access,clear, easy to navigate, and does all you need.

Fort Knox Federal Credit Union

I reported a problem with Fort Knox credit union last week about a mistake costing me 600.00, I would like to report that Fort Knox took care of the problem in a very professional manner, I am now extremely satisfied with the way  Fort Knox handled it and I am very grateful to the person at Fort Knox that took care of me.

Needless to say I have my 600.00 back in my possesion.

Fort Knox FCU: Very Good Service, Flexible

I opened a membership and CD at Fort Knox FCU about two months ago. The experience was good all around. The opening process was short and easy. I was allowed to fax in my materials so did not have to lose time to waitng for the mail. I was able to make my initial depost at a shared branch with anohter credit unin near me.

I note, they were very accommodating -- even when my opening deposit check bounced, something I would have expected them to react to by closing my membership! (Actually, I used two checks to deposit. The one institution where one of the checks was drawn on made a mistake with my account and accidentally bounced the check even though I had the money in the account to cover it.) Fort Knox did not even charge me a boucned check fee. I straightened things out wiht my other institution, yet it was about two weeks before Fort Knox took the money out. No change to crediting to my new account, was left as depositing on the oroginal opening date.

Yesterday, about two months into my new account, they even made nice courtesy call just to touch bases and make sure all is fine with my membership and to see if I had any issues they might help with.

The only issue I have, a minor one: I wanted to open a free checking account or money market account, so as to have an easy way to move the CD at maturity IF I want to. Since that was the only thought for using the checking, I just wanted a handful of free counter checks, as I only expected to need one or two checks and did not want to pay to buy a full supply. While they will issue these, unfortunately they will NOT mail them out -- for security reasons, they say -- so I would have to pick them up, but I am in another state.