- 5.01% APY on balances up to $30,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balances above $30,000
- 0.11% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds nationwide without limit
- 11 Visa check card purchases
- One direct deposit or ACH auto debit
- Receive e-statements (valid email address required)
- $100 minimum opening balance
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- $5 [$1 primary savings; $4 membership processing fee]
Membership is open to those who live, work, worship or attend school, or are a business or other legal entity in Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Bienville, Claiborne, DeSoto or Red River Parishes, all in Louisiana, plus Columbia or Lafayette Counties, both in Arkansas. Please refer to the credit union's Who Can Join Page for the full details.
Branches are located in the Louisiana cities of Haughton, Shreveport, Springhill, Mansfield and Minden as well as in Magnolia, Arkansas.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are average: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 3 stars (performing) at Bankrate.com. These rates are based on 3/31/09 financial data. The credit union started in 1954 and is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 9164).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.