- 4.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.50% APY on balances over $25,000
- 0.25% base rate if qualifications are not met
The monthly requirements include:
- 20 debit card purchases
- one bank draft or deposit such as direct deposit
- receive e-statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- 4 foreign ATM fees refunded per statement cycle
- Free Online Bill Pay
It appears a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Tennessee cities of Greeneville, Morristown and Jonesborough.
The bank has been FDIC insured since 1975 (FDIC Certificate # 22015).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
The 20 debit card purchases a month is one of the toughest reward checking account requirements I've seen. The average is only 10. On the plus side, the top rate is above average.
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 12/01/10: 4.00% APY up to $25K
- 05/19/09: 4.75% APY up to $25K