Update 12/31/10: The top rate has fallen to 2.22% APY.
- 2.22% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.75% APY on the portion of the balance over $25,000
- 0.10% base rate if qualifications are not met
- ATM fee refunds of up to $25 per cycle
The monthly requirements include:
- 12 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit, automatic payments or online bill payment
- Receive e-Statements
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $500 minimum opening deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
It appears a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in the Massachusetts cities of Fall River, New Bedford, Seekonk, Somerset, Swansea and in Rhode Island city of Tiverton.
The bank has been a FDIC member since 1985 (FDIC Certificate # 90196).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 12/31/10: 2.22% APY up to $25K; 0.75% over
- 08/16/09: 3.33% APY up to $25K; 1.25% over; 0.10% base