- 4.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.20% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.10% base rate if requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $20 per month
The monthly requirements include:
- 15 check card purchases (excludes PIN-based)
- 1 direct deposit or ACH debit
- Receive e-statements and be enrolled in online banking
Additional features of the account regardless of the monthly requirements include:
- $100 minimum initial deposit
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- First box of checks is free
It appears that a branch visit is required to open an account. Branches are located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The bank's ratings for safety and soundness are strong: 4 stars (excellent) at BauerFinancial and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com. Both ratings are based on 6/30/09 financial data. The bank has been a FDIC member since 2001 (FDIC Certificate # 57244).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 11/01/10: 4.00% APY up to $25K; 0.20% over; 0.10% base rate
- 11/24/09: 5.00% APY up to $25K; 0.10% over