- Open a new Anywhere Account online or in-branch now through July 7, 2017.
- Have a single direct deposit (paycheck, pension, or Social Security that is new to FirstBank) of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening, OR
- Have at least ten debit card transactions totaling at least $500 within 60 days of account opening.
- Not available to existing FirstBank checking account customers, or those who have closed an account within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. FirstBank employees are also excluded from the offer.
- Limited to one bonus per household, per lifetime.
- If the requirements are met within 60 days of account opening (and the account is in good standing), the bonus will be credited within 90 days of account opening.
- If the Anywhere Account is closed within six month of opening, the bonus will be forfeited.
The Anywhere Account is a non-interest bearing account, which has no monthly service charge or minimum balance requirement. The account’s Visa Debit Card is free for the first year, after which there is a $10 annual card fee.
Headquartered in Lakewood, Colorado, FirstBank’s market area includes Colorado, Arizona, and Riverside County, California.
The fine print on the promotion page states that if opening in-branch,
bring in this advertisement to any FirstBank location to receive the $200 offer.
FirstBank has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 1.48% (excellent) based on March 31, 2017 data. In the past year, the FirstBank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $1.14 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 7.84%. Please refer to our financial overview of FirstBank (FDIC Certificate # 18714) for more details.
Established in 1963 as the First Westland National Bank, FirstBank is one of the country’s largest privately held bank, with more than $17.2 billion in assets. The Bank has rebranded four times, with the FirstBank name adopted in 2010, following the acquisition of 24 separate Colorado “FirstBank” divisions; the FirstBank of Airzona was acquired in 2011. Beginning in 1980, the Bank grew steadily, going from the eighth largest Colorado bank to the largest in 37 years.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for FirstBank’s checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.