Insight Financial Credit Union has a reward checking account called Incentive Checking. The account offers the following features if certain monthly requirements are met:
- 2.50% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 0.25% APY on balances over $25,000
- 0.25% base rate if qualifications are not met
- 12 debit card purchases
- 3 Bill Payer transactions
- receive e-statements and have a valid email address on file
- No minimum to open
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service fees
- No charges for any ATM usage (but no refunds charged by other banks)
- Free Bill Payer with e-statements
Branches are located throughout Central Florida including the cities of Orlando, Apopka, Lake Mary and Leesburg.
The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 67344).
Other Reward Checking Accounts
For reward checking accounts, Insight's rate is a little low, but it's another option for those in Florida. As of 3/31/09, there are many reward checking accounts paying 5% or higher. To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
10/29/09: 2.50% APY up to $25K
08/13/09: 3.00% APY up to $25K
08/06/09: 2.96% APY up to $25K
04/30/09: 2.75% APY up to $25K
03/31/09: 3.00% APY up to $25K; 0.25% over and base