Every few months, KeyBank comes out with a checking account bonus, and the latest offering is a $300 bonus which expires on January 1, 2016. While the $300 bonus has been offered before by KeyBank, this is the first time opening the fee-free Hassle-Free Account qualifies for the $300 bonus.
In July 2015, I wrote about a targeted $50 bonus KeyBank was offering to individuals who had taken advantage of an earlier Hassle-Free Account opening bonus. The gist of that blog post was that following that bonus promotion, there were a lot of inactive Hassle-Free Accounts just waiting to be closed after 180 days. The $50 bonus was an incentive to promote activity in those accounts. Long story somewhat short, if you do take advantage of this new iteration of the $300 bonus, keep an eye out for any email or snail-mail marketing in the following months.
- Open a KeyBank Hassle-Free Account, Key Express Checking, Key Advantage, Key Coverage Checking, Key Privilege, or Key Privilege Select Checking Account online, in-branch, or by phone by January 1, 2016.
- Use promo code EDGT1115.
- Have one direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Offer is only available to new bank customers who have not had any type of account with KeyBank within the previous 12 months.
- Bonus will be deposited into the account within 90 days of fulfilling the above requirements.
- There is a $25 fee if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
- Account must be open and in good standing when bonus is deposited.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyBank is one of the nation’s largest retail banks, with 996 branches.
The $300 Checking account promotional bonus is available both online (using offer code EDGT1115), in-branch (using emailed coupon), or by phone for residents of Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
KeyBank, (FDIC Certificate # 17534) has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 4.63% (excellent) based on September 30, 2015 data. In the past year, KeyBank has increased its total deposits by $3.16 Billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 4.47%. Please refer to our financial overview of KeyBank for more details.
KeyBank was originally established in 1849 as the Society National Bank of Cleveland. 166 years of growth, (including 30 acquisitions and several name changes), has resulted in today’s KeyBank, one of the nation’s largest banks with assets in excess of $93 Billion.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for KeyBank’s $300 checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.