KeyBank’s latest checking account bonus is available now through August 5, 2016. KeyBank regularly offers checking account bonus for new bank customers and the latest offering is a $300 bonus.
- Open a new KeyBank Hassle-Free Account, Key Express Checking, Key Advantage, Key Coverage Checking, Key PrivilegeSM, or Key Privilege Select CheckingSM Account online, in-branch, or by phone by August 5, 2016.
- Use promo code EDGF0716.
- Have one direct deposit of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening.
|0.25*%||$100k||-||KeyBank||Key Privilege Select Checking|
|0.02*%||$2,500||-||KeyBank||Key Advantage Checking|
- Offer is only available to new bank customers who have not had any type of account with KeyBank within the previous 12 months.
- Bonus will be deposited into the account within 90 days of fulfilling the above requirements.
- There is a $25 fee if the account is closed within 180 days of account opening.
- Account must be open and in good standing when bonus is deposited.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyBank is one of the nation’s largest retail banks.
The $300 Checking account promotional bonus is available both online (using offer code EDGF0716), in-branch (using emailed coupon), or by phone for residents of Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, and Washington.
KeyBank's 990+ full-service branches are located in Alaska (18), Colorado (66), Florida (3), Idaho (27), Indiana (64), Maine (53), Michigan (23), New York (234), Ohio (236), Oregon (75), Utah (35), Vermont (12), and Washington (159).
KeyBank, (FDIC Certificate # 17534) has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 7.13% (excellent) based on March 31, 2016 data. In the past year, KeyBank has increased its total deposits by $2.3 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 3.11%. Please refer to our financial overview of KeyBank for more details.
KeyBank was originally established in 1849 as the Society National Bank of Cleveland. 167 years of growth, (including 30 acquisitions and several name changes), has resulted in today’s KeyBank, one of the nation’s largest banks with assets in excess of $96 billion.
How the Bonus Compares
Assuming that the minimum $500 Direct Deposit is left undisturbed for six months to avoid the $25 early termination fee:
- $500 for 180 days in a KeyBank checking account = $300 bonus
- $500 for 180 days in a savings account earning 1% = $2.49 interest
The above rates are accurate as of 7/30/2016.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for KeyBank’s Checking Bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.