- 5.00% APY on balances up to $25,000
- 1.01% APY on portion of balance over $25,000
- 0.15% APY base rate if requirements are not met
- Refunds ATM fees nationwide up to $25 per cycle
- 10 debit card transactions (non-ATM)
- direct deposit of pay or ACH (automated payment), debit or credit
- Receive e-statements
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly service charge
- Free bill pay with e-statements (MFCU@Home)
- Online banking
Active and retired members of the following are eligible to join Marine FCU: Military, D.O.D., and Non-Appropriated Fund Civilians associated with Camp Lejeune and MCAS New River, Jacksonville, North Carolina, and Quantico, Virginia.
You can also qualify for membership via other employers and qualified organizations. Please contact the credit union for more details. Membership requires purchase of one share for $5. At the bottom of the membership page there's a link to a PDF membership application that can be printed and mailed.
Multiple branches are located in North Carolina and Virginia. The credit union was chartered in 1959 and is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 12977).
Thanks to the reader who mentioned this reward checking account.
Other Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.