Deal Summary: Simply Great checking bonuses, up to $300
For a limited time, OceanFirst Bank is offering up to $300 in bonuses when opening a new Simply Great checking account.
As described in OceanFirst Bank's promotion page, there are three different bonuses, each predicated on different activities.
- $50 - Paid when opening a new Simply Great checking with an OceanFirst Visa® CheckCard.
- $50 – Set up a recurring Direct Deposit (DD); 75 days after the DD has posted twice, $50 will be deposited into your account.
- $200 – Swipe new CheckCard 30 times (signature or online transactions) within the first 75 days following account opening. $200 will be deposited into your account 75 days after completion.
- Must use promo code “OFSPRING17” when opening new account.
- Limit of one bonus per household.
- $50 minimum opening deposit.
- Account must remain open and active for one year or bonus will be forfeited.
- No minimum daily balance requirement for the first year following account opening. After that a $5k minimum daily balance required to avoid $7.95 monthly service fee.
OceanFirst Bank has another bonus available, which is a variation on the above bonus.
Open an A+ Student Checking, Classic or Totally Free Checking account with a Visa CheckCard and you will get $50 deposited into your new account. Set-up a direct deposit within 75 days and earn another $50. You’ll get 20,000 UChoose points for swiping the card 30 times in 75 days.
Headquartered in Toms River, New Jersey, OceanFirst Bank’s market area includes Atlantic, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties, (NJ). Recent acquistions have expanded the Bank's presence in the state.
Opening a Simply Great Checking account and applying for the bonus can be done online or at any of the 51 New Jersey branches located throughout Central and South New Jersey.
OceanFirst Bank has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 6.31% (excellent) based on September 30, 2016 data. In the past year, OceanFirst Bank has increased its total non-brokered deposits by $1.36 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 68.46%. Please refer to our financial overview of OceanFirst Bank (FDIC Certificate # 28359) for more details.
Established in 1902, OceanFirst Bank is currently the largest community bank in Central and South New Jersey, with assets in excess of $4.1 billion and nearly 150,000 consumer accounts. In the past eighteen months, the Bank acquired three other New Jersey banks (Colonial American Bank, Cape Bank, and Ocean City Home Bank), which has not only expanded OceanFirst Bank’s footprint, but has increased its assets by more than 70%.
The above rates are accurate as of 2/24/2017.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for OceanFirst Bank’s bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.