UPDATE 8/23/2015: The $100 Bonus offer has been extended through September 30, 2015.
Nebraska based Pinnacle Bank (NE)’s long-running $100 Free Checking Account Bonus has been extended through July 31, 2015. The only change in this promotion since I last wrote about it in January 2015, is that Pinnacle Bank (TX) is no longer participating, so Texas residents are not eligible.
Pinnacle Bank describes this easy-to-earn $100 bonus this way:
Get $100 – and so much more – with a Free Checking Account
To qualify for the $100 bonus:
- Open a new Pinnacle Bank Free Checking Account (no minimum balance, no fees, and no minimum monthly transaction requirements) online.
- Minimum opening deposit is $100.
- This promotional offer is only available online.
- Available only for new checking account customers (defined as no checking account relationship with Pinnacle Bank in the previous 48 months.)
- Checking account must be maintained in good standing with no overdrafts for the first 90 days.
- Credit card funding is a minimum of $3K (Visa or Mastercard).
- Limit one bonus per customer.
- The $100 bonus will be deposited after 90 days of account opening. (N.B. "After 90 days of account opening" does not necessarily mean the bonus will be paid on Day 91. There have been reports of the bonus being paid at the end of the month, following the requisite 90 days. As always, diligent monitoring of your accounts is a good thing.)
Pinnacle Bank (NE), (FDIC Charter # 10634) has an overall health grade of "A" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 2.99% (excellent) based on March 31, 2015 data. In the past year, Pinnacle Bank (NE) has increased its total deposits by $297.78 Million, an excellent annual growth rate of 8.96%. Please refer to our financial overview of Pinnacle Bank (NE) for more details.
Pinnacle Bank’s (NE) story is about American as it gets: It’s 1938, and Nebraska is in the throes of the Great Depression. Local banks, and the communities they serve, are floundering. Two brothers, Tom and George Dinsdale, and a few of their friends, decide to do something to help: they pooled their resources together and opened a bank for their community. Today, Pinnacle Bank has over 130 locations in eight states and holds assets in excess of $7.6 Billion.
How Pinnacle Bank’s $100 Free Checking Account Bonus Rates
Not much about this bonus has changed since I first wrote about it in May 2012, so I think I’ll just quote myself:
It's rare to find a $100 checking account bonus that does not require direct deposit, online bill pay usage or debit card purchases.
Other Bank Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for the Pinnacle Bank bonuses? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Deals Forum.