Westby Co-op Credit Union is offering a high-yield reward checking account called Awards Checking. It offers the following rates and features if certain monthly requirements are met (as of 4/05/2010):
- 3.55% APY on balances up to $30,000
- 1.00% APY on portion of the balance over $30,000
- 0.25% base rate if requirements are not met
- Refunds of ATM fees (up to $10/month)
Monthly requirements include:
- 10 signature based CheckMate transactions
- 1 Direct Deposit or 1 automated transfer
- Log onto online banking
- Receive e-statements
Other features include:
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly service charge
Membership is open to those who live or work in one of the following Wisconsin counties: Vernon, Richland, Crawford, Sauk, Juneau, Monroe, Grant, Iowa, and La Crosse. Please refer to the credit union's Membership Eligibility Page for the full details.
Branches are located in the Wisconsin cities of Westby, Richland Center, Viroqua, Reedsburg, and Cashton.
The credit union's ratings for safety and soundness are a little above average: 3 stars (adequate) at BauerFinancial (based on 12/31/09 data) and 4 stars (sound) at Bankrate.com (based on 9/30/09 data). The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 67208).
Other High-Yield Reward Checking Accounts
Westby Co-op reward checking account has both a rate and a cap that are a little above average.
Refer to the reward checking section of DepositAccounts.com to find reward checking accounts in your state or that are available nationwide.