Update 1/3/11: The top rate has fallen to 3.19% APY.
Numerica Credit Union is offering a reward checking account that pays 3.19% APY on balances up to $25,000 (0.15% for above) and refunds ATM fees (up to $25) if the following monthly requirements are met:
- 12 debit card purchases
- one automatic deposit or payment of $100
- utilize home banking and eStatements
If these are not met, the rate falls to 0.10%. The minimum initial deposit is $25. There are no minimum balance requirements or monthly fees.
According to the membership application page, "Virtually anyone is eligible to join who lives, works or worships in Washington State or Bonner, Boundary, Benewah, Kootenai, Latah, and Shoshone Counties in Idaho."
Branches are located in the Washington cities of Spokane, Kennewick, Pasco, Wenatchee and Entiat, and in the Idaho cities of Coeur D'Alene and Hayden. The credit union is federally insured by the NCUA (Charter # 66841). It has $765.4 million in assets and 71,576 members.
Other High Yield Reward Checking Accounts
To find reward checking accounts in other areas of the nation or to learn more about these accounts, please refer to my High Yield Checking website.
- 01/03/11: 3.19% APY up to $25K
- 01/01/10: 3.76% APY up to $25K
- 07/01/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K; 0.15% over $25K
- 07/01/09: 4.01% APY up to $25K
- 03/04/09: 4.51% APY up to $25K
- 06/01/08: 5.01% APY up to $25K; 0.25% over $25K